Chapter 11

I move my head left to right, wincing a little. There's no way I'm alive right now. I open my eyes and look around. I'm in a car? Last I checked I was in the woods... dying. I sit up and Stefan turns around, quickly.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I nod.

"Are you sure? Last I asked if you were okay you had a werewolf bite on your wrist. Not one, but two. Why didn't you tell me?" He scolds.

"We're working for Klaus. I thought that any slight inconvenience, I would have my heart across the floor." I roll my eyes.

Stefan just looks at Klaus. Am I lying? He wants us to follow his every order. Getting bit wasn't one of them. If I'm dying, I'm dying honorably.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Klaus breaks the silence.

The car stops. We all get out the car and walk up to a door. Chicago? I was out that whole time?

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questions.

I'm wondering, too.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories from the good riper days." Klaus smirks.

"Blacked out mostly. A lot of blood, a lot of partying." Stefan sighs.

We all see a truck pull in. I cross my arms wondering why it's here. Don't tell me we're getting into another freaking car. I kinda want to take a breath of fresh air. I just woke up from being super weak.

"The details is what makes it legend." Klaus smirks at me.

"I wake up for a coma and now I get to hear Klaus founding over Stefan. The whole riper thing is history." I place my hands on my hips.

"You weren't in a coma." Stefan says in a confused tone.

I look at both of them and just roll my eyes. Whatever. It was close.
~~~~~~~~~
Stefan and I are both leaning at the edge of a window. This is the only quiet time we've gotten. It's making me think about our friends. I wonder if they're still looking for us.

"Do you miss back home?" I ask.

"No." Stefan says.

I know he's lying. Maybe he misses the next best thing...

"Do you miss Elena?"

"How did this conversation turn back to Elena? Besides, I already lost her the minute we left Mystic Falls with Klaus." Stefan turns to me.

I frown. I don't think that's true. Elena is kind. She has a big heart. I'm sure that heart still belongs to Stefan. Then again... there's Damon.

Suddenly, Klaus comes in.

"Chicago was magical." He sighs.

"Yeah well I'll take your word for it. Like I said I don't remember most of it." Stefan says and walks away.

I walk behind him.

"Why are we still here? You had your fun. You tried to turn your weird hybrids and failed. What else could we possibly do to entertain you?" I snap.

"We are visiting my favorite witch. If anyone can help me with my weird hybrid situation, it's her." Klaus says opening the car door.

We all hop in and we are off. Stefan sits in the back with me.

"Stefan?" I say.

He turns to me.

"Do you think... father hated me?" I randomly ask.