Chapter 37

Damon and I decided to leave. Obviously he isn't gonna let this slide but standing here in the sheriff's office won't do anything. We're about to leave when we both see Elena at the door.

"Were you two just with—-"

"Rick's Fine. Sheriff wants us to stay out of it." Damon interrupts Elena.

Damon then stays silent for a second. So do I.

"But you're not going to, are you?" Elena asks us.

Well, I'm not.

Damon and Elena have been in "fighting mode" since the party. Long story short, Elena said something that hurt Damon's feelings. Now he thinks he's a villain that no one cares about.

"Seems just as good a plan as any." Damon shrugs his shoulders.

"You friend's in jail for murder. You have to do something." Elena turns to Damon.

"Well, I guess I could rip out Dr. false accusation's throat or maybe her tongue. You know, I could chew it up in little, tiny pieces and feed it to the squirrels." Damon says.

I punch him on the arm. We're not doing that. We've already got too many things to handle. Another dead body isn't gonna be one of them.

"Stop it, Damon." Elena scolds.

"Guess me staying out of it suddenly sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?" Damon smirks.

"I saved your life last night." I turn to Elena.

I don't remember her saying thank you or anything. Yes I know it's bad that I did it but thank god Damon didn't do it. (I'm trying to not feel bad about it because if I do I'll over think things. Overthinking isn't what I want to do right now)

On second thought, I haven't heard about Celeste all day. I should text her.

"You know, you could show a little compassion about Bonnie." Elena crosses her arms.

"Already did." I say "She doesn't want to see me. What do you want me to do, bring baked brownies? Oh! Maybe lasagna." I sarcastically say.

Wow, good job Mia. Who says that? Well, Damon would.

"Okay, now you're just being mean." Elena says.

"I'm mean, you hate Damon, the earth is back to normal." I sigh.

"Okay Mia, that's enough." Damon whispers in my ear.

Elena walks away but then stops.

"You know, if you keep pushing people away, you're gonna end up alone." Elena states.

I narrow my eyes at her as she leaves. I'm not pushing anyone away. Well, at least I think I'm not. Am I?

"Nice job. Way to make Elena hate you." Damon says.
~~~~~~~
Damon and I came back home. We go upstairs and hear a tapping noise. We both walk in a room and see Stefan with his eyes closed, tapping his daylight ring on the table. He has his diary open.

"Dear diary, I went hunting today. Bambi asked what my name was. I said it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever." I begin.

"What do you want, guys." Stefan says as he puts his diary away.

"Let's hang out. The Salvatore family out for lunch." I say as I walk over to the shelf of books.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asks me.

"Digging up clues, brother. The originals may be gone, but we have a mystery on our hands." I say still looking around.

"Hey, do you remember when we came back for Zachariah's funeral?" Damon finally talks.