Chapter 33

I wince my eyes open. I forgot to shut the curtains last night which means sunlight is beaming in. After a while, everything comes back to me. Besides the whole 'Damon sleeping with someone' part, there's the Elijah thing. Were we even a thing to begin with?

I rub my face with my hands and groan as I sit up. I roll off my bed with no emotion. Maybe I said I love you too soon.

I don't feel like changing right now. I start to hear faint talking from down stairs. I speed down to the noise and see a shirtless Damon.

"So, who's the unfortunate girl that got to sleep here... with you?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Well... uh." He hesitates to finish the sentence.

I hear foot steps coming down. I tilt my head. You've got to be kidding me. My mouth falls open.

"Are you serious?... her?!" I point at Rebecca.

"Don't sound too excited." She sarcastically comments.

"Damon..." I trail off.

"Let's not make a big deal out of this." Rebecca interrupts.

"My thoughts exactly." Damon says back.

I'm still in shock. His booty call was her, really? Why couldn't it be at least Caroline? I turn around and see Celeste standing there.

"Are you as mind blown as I am?" I ask.

"Oh yeah." She nods.

"Who's this?" Rebecca asks.

"Celeste. A witch." She greets.

Rebecca nods then turns back to Damon.

"Like I said. We will not make a big fuss about this. Besides, I expect you'll come calling soon enough." Rebecca says.

"Let's not hold our breath." Damon sighs.

"Time for you to go." I smile.

I walk over and open the door wide. If you were to stand there, you would see Damon and Rebecca standing next to each other. They both have there eyes widened. I look over confused. I pop my head out and see Elena standing there.

Rebecca looks at Damon all flirty like, then walks out the house. Damon has a confused face set. I roll my eyes. This is all on him.

"Come in." I smile.
~~~~~
"Did you stop taking your vervain?" Elena asks Damon.

"You think Rebecca had to compel me?" Damon asks.

"Put a Damn shirt on." I roll my eyes.

Celestes is just standing there awkwardly. So am I. Damon looks for a shirt and starts buttoning it on.

"What's wrong with you? She tried to kill me less then 48 hours ago." Elena argues.

"Why are you keeping track?" Celeste questions.

I give her a look. Why did she just say that?

"Let's go get breakfast." I tell Celeste.

I grab her and force her to the kitchen. Now I'll be able to listen to bits of Elena and Damon's conversation.

We get to the kitchen. She grabs a chair and sits on it. Then she covers her face in shame.

"What was that?" I ask her as I bring out pancake batter.

"I don't know." She shrugs.

"Well, Maybe, for once, something I did had nothing to do with you." I hear Damon say.