Chapter 51

AUTHER'S NOTE!
Should I continue this book? Should I have Mia go through the biggest heartbreak of her life where... she ends up turning it off again?
~~~~~~

"Best case scenario, Bonnie gets us out of here, Klaus hauls ass to Timbuktu, and you and I, we're home free." Caroline climbs up the benches.

I slide a little bit away from Tyler. This makes me wonder. Does she have feelings for Klaus? At least a little. Because I can clearly see that I'm not the only one in Klaus's mind but Caroline looks like she might have something going on.

"Or we let Ester come and kill him." Tyler says.

I snap out of my thoughts. That's not going to happen. After what I'm feeling towards him? I don't think I can go through with killing him anymore.

"Really, Tyler?"

"That's not a best case scenario. That's not even a remotely acceptable scenario." Caroline says, shocked.

"It would be an option if we knew he wasn't the one who turned your bloodline." Tyler says to both of us.

"Which we don't know for sure. What we do know is that you could die." I answer.

He looks at me with a "duh" expression.

"But you have feelings for him. There's the difference."

I close my mouth shut, preventing any smart remarks. We don't need drama right now.

"You'd be safe. At least he'd be gone." Tyler finishes his speech to Caroline.

"How could you say that?" Caroline asks, heartbroken.

Tyler tenses up, quickly. He's getting mad. I stand up firmly and cross my arms.

"Because im angry! Because I hate him! I should have never let him dance with you." Tyler yells.

I narrow my eyebrows. Dance with Caroline? Jealousy fills me. Hopefully it's not noticeable. They must've been talking about something. Maybe that's why, on the phone call, Klaus was upset and wanted to leave.

"What were you supposed to do? He can't know that you're not sired anymore. Tyler, it doesn't matter how many times I dance with him. I love you." Caroline sits next to Tyler.

I look at them, pained. After a moment, they share a kiss. I quickly look away. I might be thinking too much. Caroline must've just pissed him off with a smart comment. Should I ask her what happened? It's not my business.

"Caroline, what were you and Klaus talking about while you two danced?" I ask.

They both break apart. Oh my god, Mia! Really? She looks at me confused.

"Klaus asked me to go with him. He's leaving tomorrow." Caroline says.

Tyler must've heard them because he's not saying anything. My eyes start to tear up. He asked her? He never mentioned he was leaving.

"He was pissed when Caroline turned him down. Nothing new." Tyler adds.

If she wasn't tied down to Tyler I'm sure she would've said yes in a heart beat. But Klaus. He... He asked her instead of me. I thought he cared more for me than her.
~~~~~~~~
I sped out of there. It was too much to handle. Seeing them all happy, just wow. I wish I had that. Someone who cared for me, but not everyone hated.

"You know, this is your fault. You set us on this path when you released my mother. I wonder if revenge will prove worth of the cost." Klaus speaks.

I'm outside. I thought I should get some fresh air. And, of course, Klaus is here with Stefan. And, again, he's blaming people for situations.

"Oh, I'm done with revenge." Stefan says. I walk up to the boys and cross my arms. "As far as Ester, we've stopped her before. We'll stop her again."