Chapter 47

Stefan is calling Damon and telling him what happened to Rick. It's been hours. He hasn't woken up. Klaus left. I can't believe, after everything, Klaus still sped behind me and snapped Rick's neck.

Well.. I mean, it's Klaus.

"They're at a motel." Stefan tells me.

I'm in my room playing with keys in my piano. I was gonna draw but I had no inspiration.

Wait. What?

"Motel?" I ask.

"Yeah. Apparently Kol is there." Stefan tells me.

I raise an eyebrow. Damon and Elena in a bedroom together? Not a good mix.

"They better have 3 beds."

"Yeah. Well, maybe Elena will take her chance and make a move..." Stefan trails off.

He totally regrets saying that.

He walks over and sits next to me. I continue to play keys on my piano. Making a little tune. I should make my own song one day.

I look down, sorta upset. I'm thinking about Celeste. Did I take it too far? Was I too rough? No. I couldn't have been. She left me to die.

"Are you okay?" Stefan asks.

I don't want to bother him with my problems. Maybe a lie will make this conversation move.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I force a smile.

"Because you've been suffering in silence. No one has been asking if you were okay. I just want to make sure." He says. "And because the last time I asked, you almost died with two massive wolf bites."

I slowly take my hand off the keys. He's right. But that's only because I'm not open about my feelings to everyone. It makes me feel pathetic.

"Hey, I was kidding." He quickly says.

What should I say now? I'm not okay. I've lost Celeste, Elijah is gone (even though I'm still mad at him.), I kissed Klaus but nothing serious can happen because my brothers wouldn't allow it, Bonnie isn't speaking to me, Matt probably hates me. Come to think of it, I think everyone here hates that I'm alive. Damon doesn't even notice me sad or mad anymore...

"I lost Celeste." I say.

That's all I can manage to confess. If I say the whole list, he'll feel bad for not seeing the signs.

"How?" He asks.

"When Klaus had me trapped with Damon, Celeste was there. Along side Bonnie. She saw me there with Damon. Suffering. Klaus told her she could save me. Then he brought up the part where I turned Abby. She wanted to save me but Bonnie gave her one of those... Bonnie looks. Celeste freaked and left me. She left me." I spill.

Stefan sighs and grabs my hand. I continue to look down.

"She's hurt. All she's doing is trying to help Bonnie." Stefan says.

That's not the point. She's a witch with a gift where she can see the future. Unless the present changes. Not the point. She saw that she was actually given a choice. I wonder when she got the vision. Was it before or after?

"She could've helped me." Tears start forming. "Celeste hasn't been talking to me. Ever since Bonnie and Celeste got close, she's forgotten all about me."

I turn around and face Stefan. He looks worried about me. I kinda didn't want him to feel bad. I'm happy that we're having this talk though. I needed it.

"She just got connected with her cousin. The cousin she didn't even know about. Give her time. I'm sure she'll make up for it." Stefan hugs me.

"That's not an excuse." I shake my head.