Chapter 29

Elijah invited me in his house to apparently meet the family. But after, I have to leave because the family has some "catching up to do." I think it's a cover up for some weird plan but it's okay. As long as Elijah and I are happy, I'm great.

"Alright. Everyone, meet Mia." Elijah says. I smile and wave my hand.

"What's this brat doing here?" Rebecca scoffs.

"I'm only here for a minute. Just to meet the family." I say politely. If I piss them off I don't think I'll leave... alive.

"My name's Fin." Someone breaks the tension. He has long brown hair and looks like the oldest.

I shake his hand then move on to the next that I haven't met before. He's the one who opened the door for me.

"Kol. I'm sure we'll meet again in other circumstances." Kol winks. So I take that this one's the one who gets all the girls.

"You've met Rebecca." Elijah says.

"I hope you and I could come to a truce." I nod.

"Not likely. Your brother's girl stabbed me in the back. Literally and metaphorically. You understand if I don't trust you." Rebecca smiles sarcastically. I nod understandingly.

"Brother?" Kol asks.

"My name is Mia Salvatore. Surprise."
~~~~~~~
"What for? It's your job now." I over hear Stefan.

I walked to Elena's house. Elijah said that there's things he has to do. I didn't get to meet the one who was in the coffin but that's okay.

"Stefan has a point, Damon. I should find out what she wants." I hear Elena says.

"Who?" I ask barging in.

"Where have you been?" Damon asks like he doesn't know.

"Anyways." I roll my eyes at the question. "Who are we talking about?" I ask.

"Ester Michelson wants to meet me." Elena says. She has a hint of worry.

"Who the hell is that?" I ask.

"The original family witch." Stefan says. My eyes grow big.

"Is that Who was in the coffin?" I ask. Plus, Michelson? That's their last name?

"Yup." Damon answers.

She's going to undo her abomination. That's all I could recall from Emily in that dream. I need to find out what that is.

"I should find out what she wants." Elena chimes.

"You can't protect yourself." Damon says.

"Okay fine then I'll go." Stefan offers.

"No. You've just got finished pissing one off. Imagine the whole family." I roll my eyes.

"How do you know about the family? You were knocked out." Damon questions.

"Well, I met the family." I answer. Damon shrugs his shoulders and brushes it off.

"I'm going." Damon says and snatches an envelope away from Elena's hands.

"Hey!" Elena answers. It looks like an invitation.

"End of story." Damon answers and walks off.

This must be killing Stefan. Him just standing there. Letting Damon take his girl. I'm happy for Damon but what does Stefan get?
~~~~~~
"It's all so weird. The originals are throwing a ball, like an actual ball." Elena says.

Caroline, Elena and I are all at the grill. The original family are throwing a party and I wasn't invited. Either it got lost in the mail or they just didn't want me there.

"It's some twisted Cinderella fetish is what it is. And why does the evil witch want an audience with you?" Caroline asks Elena.

"I have no idea. There's only one way to find out." Elena shrugs. I raise an eyebrow.

"I thought you told Damon and Stefan that you weren't going." Caroline comments.

Elena looks at me. I shrug and drink my bourbon.

"Which is all the more reason why I need a drama-free bodyguard." Elena says.

"You could've asked me." I say.

"You and I aren't exactly 'best friends'." Elena blurs out. I roll my eyes.

"Well, I think a Salvatore would look a lot better in a tux. Well... the brothers. You know what I mean." Caroline response.

"Is Bonnie going?" I blur out. I have an idea.

"I don't know. Why?" Elena asks.

"I think I might have an extra witch. Back home." I respond. Maybe she can help us with this.

"What's her name?" Caroline asks.

"Celeste Bennett." I answer.

"She's a Bennett witch? We could've used her for unsealing the coffin." Elena yells/whispers.

"Right, because I'm gonna bring a friend from New York to open a sealed coffin. Plus, that gave a reason for Bonnie to reconnect with her mom. Isn't that a good thing?" I explain.

"She's not invited. Neither are you." Caroline says.

"One of the things we have in common is that we hate rules." I wink.

I take a quick moment and text Celeste.

Text
"Hey, can you do me a huge favor? 💗"

Minute later

"Sure☺️" She texts back.

"How do you feel about going for a party?😬" I ask. A couple seconds go by till she finally answers.

"I could never turn down a party. I'm sensing witch and vampire business. Mia, what are you planning?😕" She asks.

She was always good at the vision crap. She can see the future but she's only right if the present leads to that point. Future can always be changed.

"I'll explain once you get here.💕💕 xoxo." I reply and lock my phone.

End of text

"Anyway, I cant deal with any of the Salvatore's right now. Whatever Stefan is feeling, he's channeling it all against Klaus, and Damon...." Elena trails off.

Right, they kissed and now it's all gross. I'm sure Damon will end up going with her.

"Why? Cause you two made out?" Caroline says. Elena shoots a glare at me. Does she think I told Caroline? I barely talk to her.

"Bonnie spilled the beans." Caroline interrupts.

"I was gonna tell you. It's just everything that happened with your dad—"

"Elena, when you and Matt kissed for the first time freshman year, you called me the second it happened. I don't hear about this til now? And from somebody else?" Caroline starts.

"Hey, she's sorry. She's probably confused. On how she feels... maybe even who she wants." I blur out.

I could relate...

"What I do know is that everything used to be so much easier." Elena agrees.

We get silent. I'm about to talk when someone I least expect shows up.