Chapter 43

AUTHER'S NOTE
HEY! I'm sooo sorry. My WiFi is off and I'm trying my best to make it up. Thank you all the support. Please comment some suggestions for the next chapter. Xoxo
~~~~~~~~~
Damon, Stefan, Rick, and I are all making stakes out of the Wickery Bridge sign. The boys aren't letting me do much but, I get to carve some stuff on them. They thought that it would be the only thing I could do with out messing up.

Well, it's not their exact words but... thats basically most of it. To be clear, they said 'since you're an artist, why not relive that and make something into the stakes?'

"Guys, is this good?" I ask.

I lift the stake and show them. I carved some lines on it. It looks artsy if you ask me.

"Looks good." Stefan nods.

I give a small smile. Nice.

"Where's your art side?" Damon asks.

I look down at the stake and look confused. I was just feeling proud of myself.

"I think it looks fine." I shrug.

"You'll be bored later. Might as well add something cool on it." Damon says as he continues to make another stake.

He's right. If I continue making artsy lines, I'll end up with nothing to do. I'll be the first one to finish my job and I'll be bored.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps coming up to our door.

"Stop, Stop, Stop." I stand up.

Damon looks over at me. Does he not hear the foot steps? I point to the door. Someone needs to open it. One of the boys at least. It would be weird if I did.

"Who's here?" Rick asks.

Stefan looks at all of us and answers.

"Elena."

Damon rushes over to the door and quickly opens it slightly where you could only see him.

"Morning, sunshine." Damon says.

"Hey, how's Alaric?"

I peep Damon move a little. Looks like Elena tried peeking in. Damon quickly finds an excuse.

"Indecent, But Fine."

"So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?" Elena questions.

I look down at my stake and slightly ignore what they say. Not completely though. I'm trying to figure out what else to carve in this thing.

"Nope, slept like a baby. Woke up Alaric." Damon answers quickly. "No headlines about dead council members."

Suddenly I start thinking about Klaus. I'm really trying to just... find him. See how he feels about me. My mind is so full of these two boys. Elijah and Klaus. Why can't I just be free of them?

In the end, I might not even really like him, but I feel something. Does that count? It's not using Klaus to get over Elijah, right? Plus Elijah isn't fighting for me. That means he really doesn't care let alone love me.

This whole "him not loving me" thing... I should've seen it coming.

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" Elena asks concerned.

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and Control freaky." Damon sighs.

I look up at Stefan. I need to get my mind off of those originals.

Stefan isn't looking at me but I can tell he's hurting. The whole Damon and Elena thing. He knows they'll end up together. It sucks but it happens. He needs to move on. Maybe Caroline? They'd be cute.