Chapter 67

AUTHER'S NOTE!
Hey, so I'm thinking of doing an Arrow, Flash, or Supergirl fanfic after this book(s). Do you guys like the sound of that? If so, which one do you guys want?
~~~~~~~~
I am not sleeping until I find out who the hell Celeste is and why she died in my room. The little information I collected was that I watched her die at the hands of Klaus. I would remember that. Damon made it seem like she was someone important to me.

I take my phone out and dial Stefan's number. I don't care what he's doing. He's going to explain to me what the hell is going on.

A few rings go by till he finally answers. "Stefan, what the hell?"

"What?"

Is he really going to play that stupid card? He knows "what". I take all the anger and confusion I have and push it down.

"Explain to me who is Celeste." I demand.

I can hear him sigh. He's whipping up some stupid lie, isn't he? I can just imagine him walking in circles. I should've asked him face to face. I patiently wait for an answer.

"Celeste is some girl. You were probably too drunk to even remember her. You and Klaus were fighting and I guess she was there. Klaus snapped her neck and laid her on your bed. After awhile, Damon buried her." Stefan explains.

Right, because a vampire would drink so much that they can't remember that big of a show. Does he think I'm stupid? That lie was horrible! I don't even get that drunk. Yes, I have a drinking problem but these days I never have time to actually get wasted.  Plus, what would Klaus and I even fight about where some human is just listening?

"Stefan, for the love of god!!——"

"It's true! I don't know what else to tell you other than the truth." Stefan stresses the last part.

I rub my forehead. There is no way I could've  forgotten that. No matter how drunk. Wouldn't Klaus tell me about this anyway? I don't think he would've done that.

"Why did I drink so much then, Stefan?" I ask.

"I don't know. Ask yourself. You're the one who I found wasted in your room. I had to take you down to the couch." Stefan says.

"Stefan your story is a bunch of bullshit. I'll find out what you did to her and me. Obviously something happened. If Damon is acting like this, it's a sign that I should've at least remembered who Celeste was—— oh my god." I interrupt myself.

Stefan wouldn't do that, right? Stefan wouldn't compel any memories away. He's too good to hurt me like that. He knows I hate when people try to control me. If he did this, I won't ever forgive him.

"What?"

"Did you—— did you compel me?" I ask in disbelief.

"Wha—— no... no no. Why would I do that? You were drunk, Mia. I can tell this has never happened before. Just take a good nights rest. We can talk about this when this is all over." Stefan says.

"If I find out that I wasn't drunk, Celeste actually meant something to me, and you compelled me to forget all of it, forget you have a sister. Do you understand?" I threaten.

My heart aches. Did I really just threaten him? Yes I did. He needs to learn not to mess with my head. (if he did compel me.)

Silence is heard on the other end. I am hoping to god that he didn't lie to me. Our relationship is on the line here. He better not jeopardize that.

"I promise. That's what happened." He says. "I wouldn't lie to you about something this big."

"I hope not, Stefan. Goodnight."