Chapter 31

We both walk a couple feet away from Kol. I really hope he doesn't eavesdrop.

"What are you doing?" I ask her directly.

"Talking to Kol." She says in a duh tone.

"He's apart of the family. The original family. You know, the one you said to stay away from." I blur out.

"I know." She says.

I look at her confused. Isn't she the one who wanted me to stay away from Klaus and Elijah? Basically the whole family. She has to be up to something. I need to make sure of one thing though.

"Do you ... like him?" I hesitate.

Might as well get to the point.

"No. God no." She shakes her head. "Don't you know by now that I hate vampires with you and Stefan as an exception?"

"So then what are you doing?" I narrow my eyes.

"A very powerful witch is here. She needs to do something... with a Bennet witch." She explains.

She must've done her mind thing.

What if it's Ester undoing her abomination? I mean, that's what Emily told me she'd do. It's why she was supposed to be up. I still need to know what the abomination is.

"Ester? We have Bonnie for that." I shrug.

"Ester is a very old witch." She says serious.

"What is Ester planing?" I question again.

"Leave it to me." She smirks and walks away.

I hate when she leaves me with unanswered questions. I need to know what Ester is planing and if it's dangerous for Celeste to do. It sounds like a sacrifice to me but I could be wrong.

I turn around and see the one and only, Caroline. She's standing in the door way with a long blue dress. She looks beautiful. Caroline looks like a mini Cinderella! I walk up to her smiling.

"You look beautiful!" I squeal.

"Thanks. Where's your friend?" She questions.

"Oh she's—" suddenly Klaus interrupts me.

"Good evening." Klaus smirks.

I roll my eyes.

"I need a drink." Caroline says and walks off.

I sigh. I thought she'd want to meet Celeste.

"Mia." He turns to me.

"Klaus." I say back.

"I've noticed you've brought along a guest of your own. I don't recall our family inviting you two." Klaus begins.

"If my brothers are invited, I'm invited." I fire back. "Isn't the saying 'the more the merrier' a thing here?"

"You're absolutely right." He says touching my arm. "Why don't we revisit what we did earlier?"

I wince a little. I grab his wrist and force it to his chest.

"You're not gonna manipulate me, Klaus. You have a new Barbie to play with. I'm with Elijah now." I push his wrist forward to him and walk away.

I can't believe I talked about Caroline that way. It's almost like I'm jealous. WAIT WHAT?! No Mia! You're better than this!
~~~~~~~
Im standing next to this little flower table drinking champagne for a change. I'm alone again folks! I've said hello to a couple people but that's about it. Elena and I talked for a while then left me to talk to Finn. Caroline is gone. Probably with Klaus.