Chapter 69

I've been waiting out here for about 10 minutes. They must be talking about some pretty intense stuff. Elena. She's even worse as a vampire. Stefan is caring for her too damn much. Yes, it could be too dangerous but we have her back.

It's not my place to say anything. It's between Stefan and Elena. I just wish that he would give her one chance. If she messes up, then I'd see that we shouldn't let her go anywhere near these dangerous plans.

I check my phone and it reads 11:00am. We are losing time. Where the hell is Stefan?

"Let's go." I feel a gush of wind behind me.

Great timing. Wait... he just sped out here. Someone could've saw him and start a whole scene. Jesus!

"Seriously? Freaking vampire speed? Anyone could've seen you." I scowled.

"Oops." Stefan shrugs.

I look over and notice a pickaxe. Two actually.

"Oops?" We start to walk. "What the hell is wrong with you? What did you guys talk about that has you all upset? And why do you have 2 pickaxes?"

"Can you shut up for at least 5 minutes?" Stefan orders.

He takes his phone out of his pocket. Why is he being so careless? Someone could've seen him and I don't feel like dealing with random dead bodies. The only one I'm looking forward to is Conner's.

Stefan unlocks his phone and starts to dial someone's number. He needs to pull himself together.

"We need to go to the woods." He says and speeds off. "The tunnel starts from there."

Screw it. I have no time to argue. I speed close behind him. Once we're deep in the woods, someone answers Stefan's phone call.

"We're closed."

Stefan sighs. "I want you to free the hostages."

"I'll free them. As soon as you give me what I want—— you and everyone like you dead." The male voice threatens.

Conner. I signal Stefan to put him on speaker. He nods and clicks the button. Im getting real sick of this bitch telling us what to do. I can't wait till I rip his head off. Well... after Klaus is done with him. God, I just want to kill myself for saying that. But it's true. After Klaus is done with whatever he needs, I'll kill him.

"What, so your stupid hunter's mark to grow? Yeah, we know all about that. What it means, what you are." I go on. "Listen, you free the hostages, then you and I could have some girl talk. Maybe, if you're lucky, you get to hear about the brotherhood of the 5."

Stefan throws the pickaxes in front of this well thing. Stefan hands me his phone. I guess I'm doing the rest of the talking.

"That's a weak move." He chuckles. "You must be desperate, Mia."

Just hearing him say my name gives me chills. I just want to end him so bad!

"Just think about it, Conner. Klaus saved your pathetic life. He needs you alive. Come on, you can't tell me that your not curious as to why he's keeping you alive." I bargain.

Why do I remind myself of Katherine? I look over and see Stefan staring at me. I shrug. I don't know if he'll agree.

Suddenly, a high pitched ringing happens. I drop the phone. I really didn't expect that. It quickly stops. He must've slammed the phone or something.

"It's fine. The map says that this takes us to the tunnels under the Mystic Grill." Stefan points.

I nod and grab the pickax. Time to find a way in.
~~~~~~
Not too long goes by when we start hearing noises. We both run over to the sounds. After awhile, the sound stops.