Chapter 48

Rebecca went to go get Rick down in the cellars. I'm still wondering how and why she's here. Anyway, Klaus is pouring himself a drink. I'm kind of irritated with him but it's nothing new. I walk over and take the bourbon bottle from him to pour myself some.

"Why are you here?" I take a sip.

"You know why I'm here." He smirks.

I scoff. "We found where the stake is. We'll get it for you. That way, we can live in peace. Peace."

He gives me a hurt expression. I didn't mean it like that. I mean, Klaus in our lives could be considered peace, too. I guess he doesn't get what I actually meant.

"It's a little gratuitous, don't you think? I would have been more gentle." Klaus smirks at us.

He looks behind Stefan. I follow his gaze. Turning around, reveals a very injured Alaric. Wow, I didn't know we hurt him this bad, now that I look at him. Hopefully, it won't make a permanent damage.

Anyway, Rebecca is along side him, holding him up. I really hope Rick's evil side doesn't make a stupid decision.

"I'm going to take him to the caves. You're going to go inside and fetch me the stake. And if you think you can hide, you're wrong." Rebecca smirks.

She twirls Rick around and pushes him out the door. Her following him. Then, the door is shut. I sigh in annoyance. This is all just messed up, confusing, annoying, and kind of dumb. Everything is depended on a stupid stake.

"And then there was two. I know about your brother's little mission to Denver. He failed. Not that that's news anymore." Klaus drinks his bourbon.

I don't bother to move, nor speak. Klaus doesn't need to do any of this. And Kol. What did he do to my brother? What happened? Now, worry is filling me.

"So what are you going to do now, Klaus?" Stefan asks. "Are you gonna kill us?"

"I haven't actually decided yet." Klaus smirks as he sits on my favorite chair.

He hasn't decided? He could do it now. He has a stake. He can use it to kill us but yet he chooses to sit and drink bourbon in front of us.

"It seems like you did. You're sitting here, on my chair I might add. And talking to us. The Klaus we all know, wouldn't waste a second to rip our hearts out. Which means you don't want to kill us." I smirk knowing I'm right.

"You know something, you're right. See I'm still waiting for my old friend to come back." Klaus says referring to Stefan.

I roll my eyes. The freaking riper thing, again. I can't take this subject! We all had to talk about it the whole summer. Why start up again? Clearly, Stefan wants nothing to do with this.

"By the looks of it, he's just beneath the surface. Waiting to come out and play. Isn't that right, riper?"

"I've been fighting that part of myself. Thinking that if I repress it, it would go away. But it won't. Now that I accepted that, it can't control me." Stefan says.

I can't help but smile. Suddenly, the feeling to be a bitch comes around. I follow my gaze on Klaus.

"And you can't either." I smirk. "So, unless you're going to kill us, which I doubt. Why don't you get the fuck out of my house." I place my hands on my hips.

Hurt is written all over his face. He didn't expect me to say that. We will most likely have a talk in my room when he "leaves." He seems the type to do that. Anyway, now is the time I wish Elijah was here. He'd make everything better.
~~~~~~~~~
It's the next day. Should I see Klaus? Talking about things should be good at a time like this. Maybe later. I have too many things on my schedule right now. I'll try and fit a visit to Klaus.