Chapter 17

"Do you even think it's possible to contact Lexi?" Elena asks.

I went back with Elena and Jeremy. Mostly because I came with them. Also, I didn't want to be there when witch stuff happens. Bonnie and Caroline went to go and contact some of them.

"I don't know." Jeremy says. "I didn't have an emotional connection with her. I never even met her."

"Can we just drop it please?" Rick says.

"No Rick I can't just drop it. I don't know what else to do." Elena sighs.

"Don't you think that we killed many vampires in our passed to even sit here and think that they are watching us?" Rick questions.

I just drink my coffee. I mean, yeah it's a problem for all supernatural beings that have died come back, but I'm sure Jeremy can do something. After a while of silence, Jeremy looks over at an empty chair and starts to... listen? It looks like he's talking to someone.

"Is someone here right now?" I ask.

"Is it Anna?" Elena asks.

"Nah. No. I'm ganna go check my work schedule." Jeremy rushes out the table.

I look at him in disbelief. He was definitely talking to someone.

"Your brother is... great." I comment.

Elena completely ignores my comment.

"Hey guys, who forgot to tell me about the family summit?" Stefan comes out of no where.

God he's like a puppy begging for treats everywhere. I roll my eyes.

"No one forgot. We just didn't inform you." I shrug.

Stefan picks up the diary that we were discussing about before. It's his.

"Oh wow... so many words. I forgot how much I used to care." Stefan rolls his eyes as he places the book back on the table.

"I still remember how much you care." Elena says.

"You know Elena, it's probably best for you not to torture yourself about the past. It's best if we just move on." Stefan says.

"Is that you showing concern?" I say.

"Nope... just me showing how bored I am." Stefan says with a smirk.

"You don't have to be here, Stefan." Rick speaks up.

"Your right Rick, I don't." Stefan clears his throat. "But Elena is here. I look after Elena."

I sigh in annoyance. I really don't want him here.

"Besides there is going to be a lot of people tonight. Which means a lot to eat." Stefan continues.

Elena turns around horrified. It's like she didn't expect him to say that. We're going to have to deal with it. His emotions are off. He'll say so many things that a regular "Stefan" wouldn't. Stefan is really pushing the limits.

"I'm kidding." Stefan laughs.

"It's not funny." I say.

"You know, you should turn it off. I know you're dying inside about the whole Elijah thing." Stefan jokes.

I break my coffee cup in my hands. I don't even care about the slight burning sensation. All that's stopping me from shoving glass into his throat is what Damon said. He's right, Stefan isn't himself. I have to let everything he says slide.

I smile sarcastically. It's taking so much to control it. Once Stefan moves his seat to move, I quickly stand up as well. I'm ready to say "screw it" and throw glass until Rick stops me.