Chapter 74

Alright. Maybe pushing him off like that wasn't called for but it was the only way to get him off me. What was he trying to do, anyway? If that was his way of saying sorry, it wasn't working. It felt good but it wouldn't have worked. I've been sitting in my room since then. Watching the minutes pass. I'm sure I'm bound to find someone needing help.

Suddenly, a notification pops up. I knew it! I look over and see it's a text from Jeremy. Jeremy? That's a new one. He never asks for my help.

Don't be scared but... I woke up with a knife in my hand. ~ Jeremy.

Huh?? How do you randomly wake up with a knife in your hand?? ~ Mia.

Get dressed and meet me at my room. P.S, Matt's here too. Play nice. ~ Jeremy.

How... what? Okay, how do I even take this? Where's Elena to deal with this? Actually, I knew this would happen. Jeremy being a hunter would have consequences. There's no way it wouldn't.
~~~~~~~~~
I got dressed. I didn't really rush though. I'm sure Matt is asking the questions I am about to in a second. I wish I had time to do at least my nails. Scratch that, I did have time. Just didn't want to move. Anyway, I don't think Elena is here so might as well just go straight up to his room.

"How do you wake up with a knife in your hand and not remember how it got there?" I hear Matt ask.

I walk up to the room the voice came from and stand there. I'm guessing this is his room. Obviously, who's would it be? Idiot!

"It's That hunter's mark, Jer. It's messing with you!"

"Okay, what if I'm turning into Alaric? I probably died too many times with this ring on my finger, and I'm developing an alter ego, like he did." Jeremy tries to justify.

"And here I thought you were enjoying the hunter life." I open the door.

They both look over at me and stare. Oh? Have they not seen me in a dress before? Maybe because it's been awhile since I did. Whatever the case, right now isn't the time to admire my dress.

"Snap out of it!"

Matt clears his throat and reads some kind of paper in a folder.

"Newly awakened hunters may not be fully conscious of there actions. Their subconscious pushes through until the urge becomes a basic instinct." Matt reads a passage.

"So, this is just you not fully aware of what you are." I place my hands on my hips. "Great."

"You're not having a psychotic break, Jer." Matt inches closer to Jeremy.

I walk up to them and push them apart. If Jeremy really is a hunter, he can easily snap Matt in 5 seconds. Did we forget about his weird strength? I know I didn't.

"Okay, Stop. Matt's right. We need to tell Elena about this." I look up at Jeremy.

"Fine. I'll tell her when I see her." Jeremy walks pass the both of us.

A sigh of relief. Good. Now, I won't have to be keeping secrets. Wow... I'm such a hypocrite. Well, it's fine because Jeremy will tell everyone. Plus, I'm highly pissed at Stefan so he can't use that card on me. I'm never speaking to him again.

Suddenly, beeping goes off. A phone. Jeremy pulls his out and reads the text message.

"Alright, we should probably get going. Need a ride?" Matt asks Jeremy.

Completely ignoring me! I still need to get some kind of car. Soon!

"Uh, no. You go ahead, I'll meet you there. I'm sure Mia needs one, unless Damon's taking you?" Jeremy offers me up.