Chapter 59

I slept with Elijah. And to be honest, Klaus and Elijah have a lot of things in common when it comes to sex. They are both rough, they are both equally as 'charming' I guess. It felt like I was sleeping with Klaus all over again. There was a difference though. I don't know what it was, it was just different. I roll over my bed. Nothing. He's gone?

I grab my phone and see about 3 missed calls from Caroline. I haven't heard from her in awhile. I wonder how she's doing with the whole Tyler thing. Even though we just started to be friends, he gave good advice. I'm really gunna miss him. I should call back. A few rings go by before she answers.

"Caroline! What's up?"

"I need to get out of town. Everyone is looking for me. Could you help me pack my bags? I'm almost done. Hey, how are you?" She says.

I sigh. I don't know how I feel. First I'm an emotional wreck, then I stress drink, then I sleep with Elijah. I'm losing control but I won't admit that out loud. I don't need help. I'm fine. I just need to calm down for Elena's sake.

"I'm fine. I'm on my way." I say and hang up.

I don't need her asking all these questions. I quickly get dressed. I slide on some black jeans, blue tang top, and my leather jacket. I haven't worn it since I talked to Elijah for the first time. I guess it's fitting to wear it now.
~~~~~~~~~
I get to Caroline's house. How am I supposed to get in? Her mom never invited me in before. Hopefully it counts with Caroline. I knock 4 times. A couple moment go by. This is weird. I used to be so jealous of her because of Klaus and now that he's gone, she's calling me over to help pack. Even though I'm sad she's leaving, it's good we're talking.

"Hey! Uh... you can come in ....?" She swings the door open.

I can tell she's a little unsure about inviting me. She's technically dead. There is a chance it won't work. I take a slow step into her house. It worked.

"I'm guessing she put the house under both of your names without telling you." I say.

"I guess so. I have a few bags." She points behind her.

I nod and follow. Her room is pretty. All pink. Mine is bigger though. And it's black. I don't know where I was going with this but I thought it was good to mention. I go over and grab her small bag. She bends down and grabs her duffel bag.

"It's gunna suck without you." I sigh.

"Yeah. It's okay because you can take my place as a blonde control freak." She smiles.

I go over and hug her. She hugs me back. I can tell she's hurting but she's hiding it really well. I wish I could do something to make her feel better. I'm pretty sure she was meant to leave town with Tyler. Now he's dead and she'll have to leave all by herself.

Her phone starts to ring. Caroline quickly let's go and answers her phone. She takes a deep breath and answers. We both start to walk towards the door to leave.

"Mom, Hey!"

"Caroline where are you? Tell me it's far away." I hear her mom say.

She sounds worried. I would be too if my daughter was leaving and people were following her. I'm still confused on why she didn't leave the second she had the chance. Well, it's Caroline. She probably wanted to help around first before leaving.

"Where am I? Good question." Caroline looks over to me, waiting for an excuse for me to say. I shrug. I don't know. "Just a whole lot of boring highways... why is everything ok?"

She saved herself! She's a good liar actually. I go over and open the door. Caroline is the first out. I go over and make sure the door is locked. Suddenly, someone grabs me and pushes me to the wall. I drop the bag in surprise. I turn over and see Caroline getting injected with something. One of the guys stabs me in the neck with the same thing. It starts to burn. I feel my eyes slowly fall. Vervain. Where did they get it? I start to feel the burning liquid spread all over my neck.