Chapter 15

I wake up to Damon jumping on me. His body falls quickly on top of mine. I jump a little. I really didn't expect him to start doing that now.

"Damon." I say tired.

"Good morning, sleepy head." He smirks.

"You know, waking me up at..." I glance at my phone to check the time. "5:00am isn't something I appreciate."

"I do." He says.

He crawls over and lays next to me. Of course he doesn't care. Why would he? Plus... the current life we're living, I guess he gets a pass. There better be a reason, then.

"Where's Stefan?" I fix myself so I'm laying on my back right next to him.

"He's down stairs." Damon says, frowning.

"This early?" I question.

"He flipped his switch. He could honestly care less if he did... well... anything." Damon jokes.

"This isn't funny." I roll my eyes.

Damon sighs. He knows this isn't a joke. We have to find something to help him switch it back. It's bad enough that he's working for Klaus. Now, he doesn't care about the lives he'll take.

"Klaus compelled him to watch Elena. She's like a human blood bag." Damon says.

I groan and put a pillow over my head. Why can't life be a little more simple?

"Hey." Damon says and takes it off.

I don't fight against him. I close my eyes and try to figure out what to do. Elena would be the one to try and fix him to the point where she ends up getting hurt. It wouldn't be the first time. Also, Stefan doesn't do too well when he's like this. He earned the title "Riper Of Monterey."

"I missed you." He sighs.

That comment quickly snaps me back to reality. Damn? Admitting to missing me?

"Awe. Damon is being sentimental!" I place my hand over my heart.

"Shut up." He says hitting me with the pillow.

He gets up and walks to the door ready to leave.

"Hey, Damon!" I yell.

"What." He turns around.

"I may have missed you, too." I admit.

I kind of did. Even though he was being a complete ass.

"Awe. Is Mia being sentimental?" He mocks and places his hand over his heart like I did.

I laugh and throw the pillow back at him. He practically almost trips over my rug as he leaves my room. I chuckle under my breath one last time before looking over at my phone again. It's 5:20am. Today can't be that bad. It's started off beautifully. What could ruin it?

I cringe once I start to hear blasting music coming from down stairs. First of all, the CD is so old, it's been awhile since I've heard it. Secondly, Damon can't possibly be in the mood to listen to blasting music.

I swing my legs out of bed and walk downstairs. I didn't even bother putting on a sweater or shoes.

Damon and I meet at the bottom of the stairs and see two brunette girls dead right in-front of us. I shake my head in disappointment. Clearly, this wasn't Damon. Stefan can't be at least clean? We walk over the bodies as we make our way to the living room.

"Hey, the two brunettes owe Damon and I a new rug." I comment.

Damon and I see Stefan sitting on the couch with more girls. They'll bleeding. Bite marks. Of course.