Chapter 16

Elena has been acting like she's drunk and it's working pretty well. She just climbed over the railings and is teasing Stefan about falling. Rick and I get our guns ready.

"Are you okay?" Rick asks.

He noticed me tense up. Partly because I've never used one of these types of guns before. I hope I don't miss.

"Yeah... just kind of out of it lately." I sigh.

"Same here." Rick says.

Before I could reply, Elena falls off the railings and Stefan catches her. Show time!

Rick and I run to Stefan and shoot a couple bullets to his back. He falls instantly. Looks like worrying about shooting wrong was stupid. I did perfect.

"You okay?" Rick asks Elena.

Elena sighs out of breath.

"Yeah I'm fine..."

"You look, uh, not sober." I reply.

"The plan worked. That's all that matters."

"Let's get him out of here." I say.

Hopefully this goes as planned and nothing happens.
~~~~~~~~~~
Rick has Stefan on his back. He's pretty knocked out because of how many vervain bullets we hit him with but it's worth it. Elena opens the car trunk and Rick sets Stefan down. I move Stefan back a little and close the trunk. There's so much going on. We have to make sure he doesn't wake up before we get to the cellar.

Elena hops in and so do I. Rick is ready to get in the car when he looks back. I smell fire. Is the car on fire?

"Elena! Mia!" Rick yells.

Elena and I look back and see the fire. Shit. Rick runs over to the other side of the car.

"Elena, open the door!" Rick yells.

"I can't, it won't open!" She yells.

"No. This can't be happening." I say.

I move over to the window and try to hit it with my strength but it won't budge. Rick tries opening the door from the outside but nothing works. We are about to go up in flames and we can't do anything about it.

"What the hell?" Elena says.

"What." I say.

"I'm clicking the unlock button but it keeps locking." She explains.

What if this is Vic? What if this is the price she has to pay... where there's magic, there is always a price. I sit back... I start to cough. I definitely should've dressed up before. Now we might just pay with our lives because of that mistake.

Elena is still struggling to get the door open. I see Rick run away but I don't know where. After a few seconds, Rick comes back with some stick and tries breaking the window. Suddenly, the flames grow higher and hotter. Elena backs away in fear. My eyes widen. I need to think of something fast. Elena starts to cough, too. I turn around and try to get Stefan up.

He's going to have to wake up sooner than we thought.

"Stefan! Stefan please!" I yell.

He won't wake up. I start to cough again.

"Stefan." Elena coughs out.

Thankfully he winces awake.

"Oh my god... Elena?" He whispers.

Stefan is moving around in pain.

"Screw this." I look over and see that the flames aren't as big in the trunk.