Chapter 72

I left Damon at home. If anything, I need a break from that house. The whole Celeste thing. I still want to rip my hair out because of how angry I am. I won't talk about it. It gets annoying after awhile. Thinking about other things should be better. Cleanse the mind or whatever. I'm going to pass by the Mystic Falls gathering thing. Caroline probably needs help decorating. I'm sure it's at Tyler's house. All parties are always hosted there.

I get to Tyler's house and walk in. I don't need an invitation anymore. I walk to the back yard and see loads of decorations. Caroline really did go all out. I turn my head to the right and see Elena handling some stuff on a table. Let's see what she's all about today.

"Hey." I speed over.

"Mia! You scared me." She looks up.

"Oops. Whatcha doin'?" I ask.

"Caroline made me do this... what ever it is. I didn't really pay attention. Anyway, what are you doing here?"

I sigh and stand on the other side of the table.

"Oh, you know... distracting myself. I'm sure everyone knows that Celeste was compelled out of my memories. I found out today."

Elena's eyes widen, but then they turn soft. She feels bad. I notice a tear slide down my cheek. Crying? Seriously? I quickly wipe it off. This is the time to get away from all of that! Elena can't feel bad for me either. There's no need to feel bad anyway!

"I'm sorry." She apologizes.

"Enough of that! What happened between you and Stefan?" I ask.

Right after those words escape my mouth, Caroline interrupts. Just the girl I was looking for. I need a dose of Caroline.

"Look, I'm your best friend, and I would never pick sides, but are you sure that this is what you want? Because Stefan is your soul mate!" Caroline whines. "Hey Mia."

"Hey." I smile. "And didn't you just technically... pick a side?"

Elena gives Caroline a look. Great, this is like a girl intervention. I remember this similar chat with Caroline when we were talking about Elijah and Klaus. Why was I ever confused? Clearly, Elijah is the right one. Was the right one...

"Sorry." Caroline says.

"It's not like I don't love Stefan, but I can't deny that ever since I turned, my feelings for Damon have become more intense." Elena explains.

"Yeah, I know. Stefan filled me in on all the Damon gory details." Caroline sighs.

"He did?" Elena asks, surprised.

Of course he did. It's Stefan. What do you expect? Honestly, Stefan was right. This is Damon's best day ever. Probably the only best day he's had in years. I'm surprised he hasn't made his move yet.

"Come on, he's probably all heartbroken and depressed." I shrug.

"Well, What was I supposed to do? Lie to him?" Elena argues.

"No, but you weren't supposed to let Damon weasel his way into your confused newbie vampire heart." Caroline says.

"Wow... a lot of words to describe one sad heart." I rest my chin on the palm of my hand.

I don't know who I'm rooting for anymore. There was a time where I was rooting for Stefan, then I leaned towards Damon. What now? Who knows! I'm just going to say that who ever she ends up with, hopefully they're happy.

"Well, he did. That's exactly why I'm confused. I need to figure out what these feelings actually mean." Elena confesses.

"I'm glad you could say that out loud. If this even matters, as long as you're happy, I don't care which brother you choose." I nod.