𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

"(Y/n)..." Sam shook me trying to wake me up. "(Y/N)!" She then shouted. I jumped up from my nap.

"What is it?!" I asked as I got into a fighting position to fight anyone who would attack us. I was wide awake at this point.

"You need to go back home. It's already 11:00." Sam said with her hands on her hips. Sam was already dressed in her pajamas. She was wearing a tight long-sleeve shirt, that showed her curves, and her loose pajama pants. I dropped my arms and hung my head.

"Can't I just stay here for the night?" I asked.

"Nope." Sam said popping the 'p'. "I have work in the morning and so do you." She grabbed my backpack and walked me to my car.

"Please, Sam. I don't want to be in my apartment alone..." I said as I unlocked my car. She looked at me with a worried expression. She looked like she just had an idea.

"Why don't you call your friend? The Irish guy who likes music." She said with a slight smile.

"David? I guess I could do that..." I said. I didn't want to bother him, though. "I'll see you later, Sam." I waved and climbed in my car.

"Bye!" Sam walked back into her house.

I took my phone out and went to my contacts. I scrolled down to David.

I met David at the music store when I was buying my new guitar. He was actually the one who recommended my guitar. He was looking for guitar strings since his were getting old. We started talking and we just clicked. We've been friends ever since.

I thought about calling him. I didn't want to be alone in my apartment but I didn't want to disturb him either. I decided not to call him. I turned my car on and slowly drove home. It was probably nothing anyway. Even if there was someone in my apartment, they would just get bored and leave since I wasn't home all day, right?

I unlocked the door of my apartment quietly. I stepped in as quietly as I could. I made my way upstairs but halfway through, I froze. There it was again. The guitar playing. It was gentle and light yet scary. There was someone in my apartment! I was shaking. I tried to make my way back down the stairs but the floor creaked. The guitar playing stopped and I immediately ran to get out of my apartment.

When I opened the door someone was standing there. A tall man wearing a pig mask and a helmet. He also wore a T-shirt with a pink cat and said 'Wildcat'. He also wore zebra-print pants. He held a shotgun in front of me. I walked backward slowly and bumped into someone else. I turned around and he looked down at me with his arms crossed. He wore an owl mask and a red leather jacket. I raised my hands surrendering.

"W-What do you g-guys want from m-me?" I whispered, stuttering.

"Relax, we're not gonna hurt you. We just need your help." The man in the owl mask said.

"My help?" I asked.

"Yes! We don't have all day!" The other guy in the pig mask shouted and grabbed my arm and dragged me out of my apartment.

"Hey! Let me go!" I shouted as I tried to yank myself free from his grip.

"Shut up!" The pigman pointed his shotgun at me. I stayed quiet as he dragged me into a black van. The owl man climbed into the passenger seat and the pigman sat next to me in the back. He threw his shotgun in the trunk and took out a pistol. In the driver's seat, was another guy with a monkey mask and a red sweater with black shorts. The pigman blindfolded me.

"Alright, let's go, Lui." The owl guy ordered. The car pulled off and I had no idea where we were going.

We were driving for a while when someone's phone rang making me flinch.

"Hello?" The owl man answered. "We're almost there... Just hang in there." He sounded worried. "Alright, alright. Just keep him up." Then I heard a quiet click noise from him hanging up. "Lui, step on it." He said seriously. The car started moving considerably faster and I had to hang on.

Eventually, the car stopped and the engine turned off. I heard the doors open and I was pulled out.

I was dragged into a building, not being able to see anything. We went to the elevator and went up. I was starting to breathe hard just thinking about what they might do to me. I heard the ding of the elevator and they pushed me out. We walked a little more and heard a door being unlocked and we went in. The door closed behind me and they took the blindfold off me.

There were a bunch of men wearing masks, except for a couple, surrounding the couch that was in the big living room. The place was huge and neat. It also had a nice view of the city.

"Come on." The owl guy said as he took my arm and dragged me to the couch.

A guy was lying there grabbing his side. His blue sweater covered in blood and he was groaning in pain. His face was covered with a hockey mask. Blood was covering his hands while someone else, with an eagle mask, was also holding their hands on top of his. All the guys started bum-rushing me with questions on how to help him.

"Everyone, shut up!" I shouted. I put my backpack down and crouched down to my knees. I moved the hands from the wound. Blood was just spilling from the wound. "Shit... What happened to him?" I asked.

"He was shot," the guy with an ugly ape mask said.

"Alright, I'm gonna need some tweezers, alcohol, bandages, and a needle. Bring whiskey, too." I ordered as I rolled my sleeves up and held the bleeding wound. A few of the strangers ran around the house getting what I asked for. Once they got what I needed, I passed the bottle of whiskey to the injured man. "Here. Drink this." He didn't hesitate. He lifted his mask just above his lips and took a big swig. I, then, got to work.

I got the tweezers and dipped them in the alcohol. "This is going to hurt..." I said. I stuck the tweezers into the wound. The man screamed in pain. Someone handed him a teddy bear and he clutched onto it for dear life. I pulled out a bullet from the wound and placed it on the floor. I got the needle, cleaned it, and went into my backpack searching for the suture thread I had somewhere. I found it and started closing up the wound and covering it up with a bandage. Once I was done, I sat back on the carpet. Silence filled the room. The injured man ended up dozing off.

"He's going to be okay, right?" a man in a suit and bright yellow flip-flops asked.

"Yeah. Just keep an eye on his wound to make sure it doesn't get infected," I said and got up from the floor and the kitchen sink to wash the blood off my hands. The strangers seemed relieved. All I kept thinking about now was going home. I sighed and leaned on the counter of the kitchen.

"Thank you," the owl man said. I just looked at him. "I know you probably want to go home but we can't let you. Not yet."

"That's just great. Exactly what I needed to hear right now," I said sarcastically.

"We have a room for you. It's only for a few days until we figure things out," he said calmly.

"A few days?! I have work! Other people need help besides you criminals!" I shouted. The man just sighed. He picked me up and carried me over his shoulder. "Hey! What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted as I hit his back.

He went downstairs and into a room. It was pretty small and he threw me on the bed. "Look, I'm really sorry about this but we can't risk you turning us in," the man said and walked out the door and locked it.

I banged on the door and shouted but I knew no one was coming. I sat on the floor leaning on the door and curled myself in a ball, crying silently, until I eventually fell asleep.

*