𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

I was in my room packing my stuff to leave. I didn't know know why I felt hurt  from Evan's words. There was a light knock on the door. It opened reminding me that I couldn't lock the door.

"Can you please just hear me out?" Evan asked. I didn't look at him. I just continued to pack my things. "I know you don't trust Sydney but I promise you she won't-"

"Evan," I called quietly. "I don't care about her. In fact, I'd rather not hear about her anymore," I said in a harsh tone. I didn't mean it to come out that way but it did.

I didn't hear him walk closer to me but I felt his body heat radiate on my back. He turned me around.

"What are you do-" Before I could finish my sentence he put his lips against mine.

I wanted to pull away but I couldn't find myself to do so. Instead, I melted into the kiss. His lips were soft and gentle against mine yet they were passionate and filled with emotion. It felt like he's been wanting to do this for a long time. I almost didn't want it to end.

He pulled away. It made me realize what I was feeling this whole time. I had feelings for him and I didn't even know it. No, I just didn't want to believe it. He was staring intently in my eyes. "I fucked up again..." he whispered.

"What?"

"When you leave, I'm never gonna see you again..." he said with disappointment in his voice.

"What are you saying?" Tears were threatening to come out.

"I don't want to put you in more danger. I'm sorry..." He closed his eyes and sat on the edge of the bed. I stood there still slightly shocked from the kiss and what he just told me.

Evan ran his hand through his hair. My mind was all over the place.

"You're just gonna kiss me and then say we'll never see each other again?" I grabbed my bag and guitar. "I'm gonna go now," I said and walked out the room.

"(Y/n), wait," Evan called after me but I ignored him.

I went to the living room where all the guys were in. They all turned to look at me.

"You're leaving already?" Marcel asked.

"Yeah, it was nice knowing you guys. Don't get yourselves killed out there," I said with a quick wave.

"At least, let me give you a ride," David said. I shook my head and walked out the door as fast as I could before I actually started crying.

What was I doing? I was leaving abruptly and it's probably the last time I was going to see them. I just figured out my feelings for Evan and I was leaving. But it's for the best.

I walked out the building. I was in the middle of downtown. What a horrible place for a base. I walked towards the direction of my apartment that also happened to be in downtown.

It was still a long walk but I needed it. I took in the fresh cool air. Tears started pouring down my face but I didn't care. I just wiped them away and went on.

I needed to forget them. I knew it was going to be hard. They all had unique personalities that made them intriguing. There was definitely no one else like them.

My life was to go back to normal soon. I would go back to work as a nurse. I would go home in my lonely apartment. I would play my guitar or piano or play some video games. The thought of it disappointed me.

I felt tired emotionally and physically. My wounds weren't still completely healed. I sat down at a bus stop bench to rest. I couldn't push myself too hard. The moon was in the sky and it looked beautiful.

I shouldn't be out here at night. This city was dangerous. It made me anxious and I got up again and started walking again. It was eerily quiet like if the world was frozen. I didn't even hear cars in the distance.

I made it home without any problems. It was a relief. I was glad my apartment had an elevator. My apartment was dusty and abandoned looking. I hadn't been here in about a month.

I struggled to go upstairs but I did it. I went straight to bed.

What the hell...

*