𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

I woke up again breathing hard and sweating. I heard the beeping of the heart monitor. It was slightly fast. I looked around and realized I was in a hospital room. It was the hospital I worked at. The heart monitors beeping steadied back to normal. My vision was still adjusting.

I tried to sit up but pain ran through my entire body. I saw that I had bandages almost around my whole body. I had tubes in my nose and throat to help me breathe. I had a needle in my arm that connected to the IV fluid. What happened to me? That's when I remembered about Sydney....

• • •

"In the meantime, let's have some fun."

• • •

I gently took the tubes out from my nose and throat. It felt weird but I managed. I took the IV fluid needle out of my arm and ripped off the rest of the wires. The heart monitor started flatlining and doctors came running in.

"Whoa, (Y/n)! Relax you're okay!" A colleague of mine said as he grabbed my wrist to stop me from pulling the rest of the wires.

"I know I'm fine! Let me go! You're hurting me!" I tried to sound as calm as possible.

"You need to relax! You're in the hospital, okay?" He said trying to sound soothing but failing miserably.

"I know, dumbass!" I shouted with frustration. "I work here!" He still didn't let go of my wrist.

"She said to let go," someone said and pushed him off me. I think it was Vanoss. "She's obviously fine."

"Sir, we need you to calm down," another doctor said.

"Doc?" I asked. That's what we all called him.

"Hey, (Y/n). Never thought one of my nurses would end up being one of my patients," he said chuckling slightly.

"You okay?" Vanoss looked at me. He looked like he hadn't had sleep in days.

"I'm fine."

"We'll leave you two to talk," Doc said and walked out the room with the other staff. 

Vanoss took a seat in the chair that was between the bed and the window. He seemed stressed.

"What happened to me?" I asked Vanoss.

"It's not important." I looked at him suspiciously considering that maybe it was important.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Back at the apartment."

"And Sam?"

"She's on her way with Delirious and Nogla." There was definitely something wrong with him.

"Is something wrong?" I asked quietly. I was afraid of how he would answer.

He sighed and leaned back in the chair. "Not anymore." He simply said. "I'm just confused..."

"About?"

"I don't know." He seemed upset. I couldn't tell what was bothering him.

"You don't know? Then, how do you know you're confused?"

"It doesn't matter. You wouldn't care anyway," he said and turned his head to looks out the window.

"You may have kidnapped me, made me steal medicine, and shot me but in the end you still saved me," I told him. "That says a lot. I can see why the guys like you as a leader. You have this mysterious tough guy act but deep down inside I know you're a good person. They can depend on you. From what I can tell, you can do the same to them but you decide not to."

I couldn't tell what he was thinking but from his face he looked surprised. There was something gentle in his eyes that meant no harm.

"You're also risking yourself by being here," I added. The police could walk in to ask me questions about my kidnapping and discover a criminal in my room.

There was a smile creeping up on Vanoss' face. "You did not just give a gang leader and the most wanted man in the entire nation a speech on what a 'good person' he is after what he's done to you," Vanoss said making both of us laugh.

"But I did. And I don't know why,." I said slightly embarrassed.  It was nice to see him smile for once.

"(Y/n), there is something I want to tell you... I-" Before Vanoss could finish, Sam busted through the door. Jonathan was close at her heels.

"(Y/n)!" Sam ran over to hug me. "What did they do to you?!" She said as she squeezed me tightly.

"Ow, Sam. You're hurting me," I said holding my breath from the pain.

"I'm so sorry. I'm such a mess..." She said.

"It's fine," I gave her a sweet smile. I gave Jonathan a small wave. He looked relieved. As if massive weight was lifted off his shoulders. I turned back to Vanoss. "Vanoss, what were you gonna tell me?"

"Uh... I was gonna say to just to call me Evan." He said awkwardly.

"What?" I asked confused. "You want me to call you by your real name?"

"Yeah. If anyone hears my code name, they'll know I'm a criminal." He explained.

"Oh, so it's for safety purposes..." I said slightly disappointed. I thought for once he was confiding in me.

"Ignore him. He's not important. We need to catch up. Three days without you is just the worst." Sam said.

"Three days?" I asked confused. "What do you mean three days?"

"Oh... well, you were in a coma..." Sam said quietly. "Didn't the doctors tell you?" Sam asked.

"No..." I turned to Evan. "You said it wasn't important!" I shouted in disbelief.

"I didn't want you to worry," he said calmly.

"I just gave to you a speech about what a good person you are..." I said with clear annoyance. "And you just lied to me."

"I know," he said irritated with himself. He leaned his head back on the chair and put his hands to his face. "I don't know what's wrong with me," he said muffled by his hands.

"There's nothing wrong with you. You just haven't accepted that you li-"

"Shut up, Jonathan." Evan interrupted Jonathan.

Jonathan and Sam started laughing and Evan looked irritated. At least they were acting like themselves.

I needed to take my mind off of everything that happened. It seemed so unreal but I was glad that three bickered. It made me feel at home, I guess.

• • •

a/n

sorry for not updating in a while. i couldn't make up my mind for this chapter. anyways, i hope you liked it and votes and comments are very appreciated! ^.^
feedback is also welcomed!

*