𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

I was released from the hospital a couple days later. The cuts around my body were almost healed. Some needed more time than others but I was doing okay.

The guys were pretty welcoming. Most of them, at least. Wildcat was still kind of skeptical. They have been since the very beginning.

I was in my room when someone walked in. To my surprise, it was Wildcat.

"Hey, you need something?" I asked.

"Um, not really. The guys sent me to see if you were doing okay," he replied.

"Oh, yeah, I'm doing alright."

"Cool..." He looked like he had more to say. "Okay, I lied. I really came here to apologize..."

"Oh?"

"I've been a total ass to you even though you didn't do anything wrong."

"It's fine. You just wanted to protect the family you have here. I don't blame you," I reassured him. A small smile lit up in his face.

"Brian and Craig brought food in case your hungry."

I nodded. He walked to the door. "Wildcat?" He stopped and turned to look at me.

"Just call me by my name. Just call all of us by our names."

"Um, okay. I just wanted to ask who is Sydney to Evan?"

"It's not my business to tell you but I'll just say they have history together..." Tyler looked concerned. "I'll see you upstairs," He left the room.

I slowly made my way down the hallway. I stopped in front of the stairs. Maybe it was best if they brought the food to me.

"Need some help?" Evan said behind me.

"Uh, kind of," I replied a little embarrassed. I thought he would have given me support to walk up the stairs but no. He had to carry me. "Evan! Put me down!" I shouted nervously.

"You can't over work yourself," Evan said amusingly. I gripped into his shirt in fear that he might drop me.

He gently put me down up the stairs and I continued to walk to the table. I tried my best to do it without a limp but that was not going to happen.

"There she is!" David shouted. I shot him a smile.

"How are you feeling?" Craig asked.

"Better, I guess," I said as I took a seat.

"You guess?" Brock asked.

"I still can't walk up the stairs," I said as I looked at Evan. He looked distracted.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm hungry," Marcel said.

They didn't mind me calling me by their names. I was kind of used to it since I had to call them by their names in the hospital.

Craig and Brian had bought Chinese food. I probably shouldn't be eating this but I wasn't about to complain.

Everyone ate their food while making jokes and laughing. Tyler ended up chocking on his food from laughing too much and Lui ended up spitting food on David. It was all good.

Evan cleared his throat. Everyone quieted down. The air in the room changed significantly.

"(Y/n), I think I have some good news for you," Evan smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. "I made the mistake of not trusting you. Because of that, you've been hurt and you have no idea how that makes me feel."

"Where are you going with this?" I asked. I was scared of the answer he was going to give me.

"I should have done this a long time ago... I'm letting you go home."

"You are?" I was excited.

"Yeah," he mirrored my smile. He got up and walked towards me. He passed me my phone which was fully charged. "Best if you leave tonight."

"But what about Sydney?"

"She won't come hurt you again" he reassured with a sad smile. "I know her enough to know she won't do it again."

"I don't know that... she might just do it again. She might still be out there."

"Just trust me. She won't come back."

"She did what she did. Sorry if I can't just believe you about her," I said with a little sadness.

"Do you trust me?" He asked with a stern look on his face.

"I think so," I replied. 

"Even though I shot you?" He got me there. I only looked at his brown eyes. "Come on. We should talk." He held his hand out to me.

"About time..." I heard Lui whisper to Brock. Brock ended up elbowing Lui on his side.

I took Evan's hand and he took me downstairs to his room. It was right next to my room. I had never been here before. It was big but simple. I noticed he had two guitars in a corner of the room.

He took one and passed it to me. I took it and he grabbed the other for himself.

"I thought we were going to talk," I said.

"Sometimes music speaks louder than words?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Sure," I said with a small smile.

He started lightly playing with the strings of the guitar. He was careful with it and played a soft melody. I soon joined in trying to match his rhythm. We both got lost in our own worlds with the music surrounding us. It was just the two of us.

After a while of playing, we finally stopped. I set the guitar down and he did the same.

"Evan?" I called quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Who is Sydney to you?"

"Why do you ask?" He looked nervous.

"You knew who she was by just hearing her voice. She said she missed and loved you. You also said that she hurt you enough. What did you mean by that?" I asked. He didn't say anything for a while.

"She's my ex," Evan said with no emotion.

I didn't know why but I felt hurt. It felt like a lot to take in. Just those three words. I shouldn't have asked. It felt like a kick to my stomach. He used to go out with the girl who attacked me.

I got up and left the room without saying a word.

*