𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Vanoss turned the TV off before I could hear anything else about myself on the news. He sighed and grabbed my shoulders making me face him. He closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again.

"(Y/n), just ignore-" I raised my hand letting Vanoss know to just be quiet. Tears were forming in my eyes. All I wanted right now was to see my best friend and my mother. They were looking for me. They're worried about me. "(Y/n)..." Vanoss said as he put a hand on my shoulder. I pushed his hands off my shoulders and went to my room.

I shut the door but I wasn't able to lock it. It didn't have a lock on my side of the door. Tears were falling from my eyes. I need to go back to my friends and family. I got too comfortable in this environment. I forgot how people who care about me felt. I need to get out of here...

There was a knock at my door. I placed my back on the door to keep them outside in case they tried to get in. I covered my mouth to keep any noise coming from my mouth.

"(Y/n)..." Vanoss called quietly from the other side of the door.

"What's going on?" I heard Delirious ask outside the door. He shouldn't be standing yet.

"She just broke down while watching the news," Vanoss said.

"What? Why?"

"They're looking for her. They think she's missing." That pissed me off.

I swung the door open. I glared at the both of them. Vanoss looked surprised and I could tell Delirious was, too.

"They don't 'think' I'm missing. I am missing!" I shouted. I ran pushing between them and ran like my life depended on it. Delirious groaned from the pain in his wound and Vanoss quickly followed behind me.

I ran for the door. I was able to open the door and close it behind me. I ran for the elevator. I pressed the button as fast as I could until I see Vanoss putting his mask on while chasing after me. I ditched the elevator and went looking for the stairs.

"(Y/n), stop!" Vanoss shouted after me. I pushed through the door that led to the stairs and headed down. I didn't bother looking back and kept running down the stairs.

I was sweating like crazy but the adrenaline running through me kept me going. I was reminded of how I felt when we took the medicine and ran for the guard. I shook my head. I can't be thinking of stuff like that, right now.

I found myself in the lobby. I sprinted out the apartment building.

"(Y/n)!" Vanoss was still close behind me. I was outside. The sky was cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain. I heard a gunshot from behind me. I ducked my head but I still didn't stop running. I looked back to see Vanoss had a pistol in his hand.

I ran down the block and turned the corner. Vanoss was catching up to me. 'I can't let him catch me,' I thought over and over again. He shot his pistol again, the bullet grazing my arm. I groaned from the pain and held on my arm. I looked back at him. 'He actually shot at me!' I ran into oncoming traffic. The cars were screeching to stop and honking.

"What are you doing?!" I could hear Vanoss shout. "You're gonna get yourself killed!"

"But you're shooting at me!" I shouted back. I was able to reach the other side of the street and ran into an alley throwing whatever I can find behind me. He shot me again, this time the bullet grazed my leg making me fall.

He slowed down a few feet away from me and walked up to me. I tried to crawl away from him but the pain in my leg and arm made that difficult. He put his pistol away and reached over to pick me up.

"Don't touch me!" I shouted. Vanoss ignored me and continued to pick me up. "Let me go!" I tried to wiggle myself out.

"I'm sorry I had to do that..." he sounded guilty. "We can't risk you getting away from us."

We got back to the apartment and he took me to my room. He sat me down on the edge of the bed. He tried to take a look at my arm and leg but I didn't exactly let him.

"Can you just let me check your leg?!" Vanoss said sternly while grabbing onto my injured leg. I kept pushing him away.

"I can check it myself! Now, leave me alone!" I shouted.

"I'm just trying to help," Vanoss sighed finally giving up.

"I don't want your help!" I was still shouting. "Don't you get it?! You just shot me, asshole! I don't want you anywhere near me!" I ran into the bathroom, with a limp, and closed the door behind me. This time I was able to lock it.

I sat on the bathroom floor, crying. I cried and I couldn't stop crying. I felt defeated. I felt like I was never going to be free...

*