𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

I was frozen at the stairs. They're were some weird noises coming from the kitchen. I could see Sam sleeping on the couch. I picked up the closest thing to protect myself with which was a vase on a small table.

I walked silently down the stairs and tried to look over to the kitchen but I couldn't see anything. For one, it was too dark and second, I was still too far. My mind was telling me to stay away but my heart was telling me to get closer. My mind and heart were conflicting at the moment and I didn't know what to do.

I made my way slowly and carefully towards Sam. I was careful not to wake her. I didn't want her to start panicking and making more trouble for us. 

I know I should be calling the police but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I wanted to see who was there.

My phone vibrated from receiving a text message. It made a buzzing noise on the table and I'm pretty sure the intruder heard it. I could hear their heavy footsteps starting to make their way towards me.

I crawled around to the back of the couch where they couldn't see me. This was my chance to find out who they were and what they wanted.

I threw the vase that was in my hand towards the person's head. They easily dodged it and it shattered across the room making a loud crash. Sam woke up in an instant.

"What the hell was tha-" Sam cut her own words off when she saw the shadow of the person in front of her.

My body took over and I ended up jumping over the couch to tackle him. We both fell with me on top of whoever was breaking into my apartment. Sam turned on the lights and I was shocked to see who was there.

"Evan?" I asked in shock.

"This isn't how I wanted you to find out, but yeah..." he had a small smile on his lips.

"I thought you were..." Tears were starting to form in my eyes. Jeez, why am I such a crybaby?

"I know, I know," he said caressing my hair. "I'm done with that life now."

"So, does that mean the others are alive, too?" I asked with a little excitement. He nodded.

Sam cleared her throat grabbing our attention. I realized what position me and Evan were in. I was in top of him, cradling him. I started blushing and got up. I turned my back against him so he didn't see me looking all embarrassed.

"Um, where's Jonathan? I would like to see him if that's okay," Sam asked in a quiet voice. It was unlike her. She was usually very demanding and bold but right now she seemed vulnerable.

Evan took out a piece of paper and wrote something on it. He handed it to Sam who responded with a nod.

"Thanks. I'll let you two talk then..." Sam said as she walked out the door.

Evan looked at me, concern evident in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for you to find out this way."

I didn't care about anything at this point. I leaped toward him wrapping my arms around his waist. I was just glad we was alive and well. He seemed surprised, at first, but eventually returned my hug.

We pulled away and looked each other in the eyes for what seemed like an eternity. He leaned in and kissed me.

I never thought I would feel his lips against mine again. The thought of it made me cry and tears started spilling from my eyes.

Evan pulled away and wiped a tear away with his thumb. "Why are you crying?" He looked me straight in the eyes.

I shook my head. "I'm just glad your okay," I said with a smile. It was a genuine smile.

"Go to sleep. We're gonna go see the rest of the guys, tomorrow," he placed another kiss on my forehead.

I went back to my room and in my bed. I felt relieved and excited. I was still unable to sleep but this time it was from excitement. Evan crawled under the bed sheets and wrapped his arms around my waist. I could feel his soft breathing against my hair. He pulled me closer and I could feel his warmth. I was able to finally drift off.

*