𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

vanoss' pov

I had to shoot at (Y/n) or else she would've gotten away. If she did, the guys would've gotten mad at me. They would think I'm a bad leader. I had no choice but to lock her in her room when we got back. I couldn't risk her trying to escape again. Not that she can with her injured leg...

I turned the TV on to watch the news. Looks like the guys are almost done with the heist.

'Breaking News: Vanoss crew are at it again. They have broken into three banks and are now in a car chase with the police. If you are near the area, find cover immediately.'

So far it's looking good. Now they just have to lose the police. I could see Delirious climbing up the stairs. I went over to him to help him. I walked him over to the couch.

"You okay?" Delirious asked me.

"I'm fine. Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" 

Delirious chuckled, "Maybe."

"Why do you ask?" I looked at him weird.

"You've just been acting... different, lately," he said. "Ever since (Y/n) got here, your feelings have been all over the place. Kind of like if you're scared of her, you hate her but something else cares about her." I could see he had a smirk on his face through the holes of his hockey mask.

"Quit smirking, dumbass," I said. "And I haven't been acting differently."

"If you say so." Delirious put his hands up as if surrendering. "What's (Y/n) doing?"

"Crying," I said quietly.

"Are you just gonna keep her locked in her room all day?" Delirious looked a little concerned. I looked at him with suspicion.

"Now you're the one acting weird." I said. He looked surprised and then started chuckling the way he usually does... all psychotic.

"She did save my life but I guess this probably a good time to tell you," Delirious said. I looked at him suspiciously. He was just starting to confuse me now. "I don't want her to see my face."

"Yeah, I already know that."

"Let me finish!" He shouted. I let him continue. "The reason I don't want her to see my face is because she'll recognize me." I opened my mouth to say something but he put his hand up signaling me to shut up. "She knows me. And I think she hates me," he sighed. "My little sister is best friends with (Y/n)..."

"Holy shit... But why would she hate you?"

"My mother died of a disease when when I was 14. My sister was 10. Our dad left us a year later. I pretty much raised my sister and when she turned 18, I left," he explained.

"You did it to protect her, didn't you?" I asked.

"Yeah. I didn't want her getting involved in this lifestyle. She knew I did shady stuff but she never knew I joined a gang," Delirious explained. "I pretty much saw Sam and (Y/n) grow up together. I think without (Y/n), Sam would've fallen in my footsteps." He looked ashamed.

"(Y/n) probably blames you for all your sister's hardships then?"

"Yeah. Probably." We were silent for a while. Delirious looked at the TV. "Looks like the guys are doing okay without us," Delirious said trying to lighten up the mood.

"Yep, they should be done in about an hour," I said. Delirious just nodded.

"Should I check on (Y/n)?" Delirious asked.

"If she lets you. She wouldn't even let me check her wounds," I said remembering how she kept trying to push me away from her.

"I mean, you did shoot her." Delirious said matter-of-factly while trying not to laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't have any other choice!" I shouted. Delirious shrugged and got up. He slowly made his way to (Y/n)'s room with a limp.

I decided to play video games but I kept my phone close to me in case any of the guys tried to contact me. I played for a while and can hear Delirious talking in the hallway. She's probably blocking the door.

I felt bad about shooting her. I didn't mean to hurt her but she didn't stop running when I shot the first bullet. The second one only grazed her arm but she kept running. The third one, the bullet grazed her leg. That's what made her stop running. When I saw what pain she was in, I couldn't help but feel guilty. I've killed and tortured more people than I can count and never felt guilty about doing what I did to them so why do I feel like this? What's wrong with me...

*