𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

(Y/n) pov

A week passed. The guys were being oddly nice to me. Probably because Delirious was healing faster than expected. He should be fully healed in a week or two. It usually takes a couple months to heal from a gunshot wound.

Nothing has happened in the past week. The guys were planning on another heist soon which, of course, they won't tell me about. The guys were clearly getting bored in the apartment. 

"I'm soooooo bored!" Lui shouted like a child.

"Can't we go out and do something?" Basically groaned.

"We have to lay low. Police our still looking for you guys," Vanoss said.

"Since when do you care about the police?" David asked while raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"I've always cared!" Vanoss said defensively and crossing his arms.

"I think you're just worried about leaving (Y/n) alone," Wildcat said while laughing like a little girl. Everyone else joined in the laugh except for Vanoss and I. 

"Oh, shut up, piggy," Vanoss said, clearly annoyed.

I was helping Moo Snuckel prepare dinner. The only time I was allowed out my room was when all the guys were in the same room. It was a little extreme but at least I had something to do besides playing the guitar.

There was a sudden knock on the door. Everyone went silent. I could feel the tension rising in the room. It made me a little nervous and we all stared at the door. Moo pushed me behind him as if to protect me. Everyone put their masks on except Vanoss.

Vanoss went up to the door slowly. He hesitantly unlocked the door and grabbed the door knob. He opened it a little and peeked through the small gap of the door.

"Do you need something?" Vanoss asked quietly. I could hear a girl talking on the other side but I couldn't tell what they were saying. "Just wait right here." He closed the door. "Delirious, there's a girl here looking for you."

"Who is it?" Delirious asked.

"A family member of yours," Vanoss said. He glanced at me for just a second before looking back at Delirious. Delirious looked nervous and walked towards the door. "(Y/n), you should go to your room," Vanoss said in a low tone.

"What? Why?" I asked. I was a bit surprised.

"Will you just go?" he asked impatiently.

"No." Everyone stared at me. Delirious held onto the door knob but didn't open it. "I don't care what you say. I'm not gonna let any of you lock me in my room."

"I never said I was going to lock you in," Vanoss said. I was caught off guard.

"Still... It's pretty much the same thing." I didn't give up.

"You're really stubborn, you know?" Vanoss sighed. 

"Get away while you still can," Moo whispered to me.

"Huh?" Next thing I knew, Vanoss picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. "Hey!" How did he get to the kitchen so fast?

"You should really just listen," he said to me.

He carried me to my room. He closed the door behind him and put me down. I glared at him for a moment. He took a deep breath and ran his hand through his hair. I gave him a questioning look.

"Delirious is probably going to hate me..." Vanoss said now looking worried.

"Should I ask why?" I said.

"He's not good at dealing with... family issues," he said looking anywhere but at me. "I'm always there for moral support."

"Then why don't you go out there?" I asked.

"Because..." He thought about it for a second. "You'll run away."

"Bull shit. You could easily just lock me in here," I said seeing through his lies. "You probably don't want to deal with his shit. I'm assuming it's pretty intense since it's, well, Delirious," I said.

"How'd you know?"

"When my best friend's brother left, she was all mopey and it put the both of us through a lot. It was like apart of her left since they were so close," I said. "It was a hard time for her and I had to be there." There was a small moment of silence. "I don't know why I told you that." I turned away from him and stared out the window. The sun was starting to set.

"Do you miss her?" Vanoss asked. All I could do was nod. Vanoss sighed. "I'm probably going to regret this," he said under his breathe.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me out the room. We walked up the stairs and I could hear the conversation going on between Delirious and the girl.

"Jonathan, you have to help! You knew her, too!" The girl shouted. Her voice sounded familiar. Too familiar.

"I know but it's complicated," Delirious said.

"Didn't you think of her as a little sister, too? What more do I need to convince you?" she sounded desperate.

"It's not that..." Delirious said quietly.

"It's bad enough you left me for some stupid gang. She was the only person I had and now she's disappeared, too! Just like that! Poof, gone!" 

I reached the top of the stairs. I saw the back of the girl and knew exactly who it was. I couldn't bring myself to move. It just seemed too unreal. So surreal. 

"Sam?" 

*