𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

I woke up groggily. I remember I was having a panic attack and someone carried me. I was still in someone's arms. I was clutching tightly on their jacket. I released my grip and rubbed my eyes. My vision got better and I looked up to see who was carrying me. My eyes widened when I saw Vanoss with a serious face plastered.

I pushed on his chest out of reflex and ended up falling on to the floor. I groaned from the sudden pain. I also landed on the injured side of my leg causing even more pain.

"(Y/n), what are you doing?!" Vanoss said in a panicked tone. I just groaned. "I was trying to help you..." He sounded worried.

"I'm fine, now," I said after being on the floor awhile.

"Are you sure?" He asked as he held his hand out for me. I nodded and hesitantly took his hand. He helped me up but he pulled me up a little too hard and ended up landing in his chest.

I looked up at his brown eyes while he looked into my (e/c) ones. I didn't realize he had his arm around my waist. David walked into the hallway we were in and I quickly pushed away from Vanoss. I felt heat rising in my cheeks. Vanoss turned around to see David.

"Sorry, was I interrupting something?" David asked with a smirk trying to creep up on his face.

"Uh, no. I was just helping her up," Vanoss said while rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Cause she fell..."

"You dropped her?" David asked, glaring at Vanoss.

"No!" Vanoss shouted and put his hands in front of him as if David would hit him.

"I was trying to get away from him and I ended up falling," I explained before David started coming up with crazy ideas. "I didn't know he was carrying me."

"Didn't look like you were trying to get away from him a few seconds ago," David said, now with a big smirk plastered on his face. I felt the heat in my cheeks rise even more.

"You're annoying..." I said under my breath. I crossed my arms and walked down the hall to my room.

"Wait! I'm sorry!" David said quickly and I stopped walking. "How are you feeling?" I shrugged. "Wanna go for a drive?" I perked up a little.

"Whoa, what?" Vanoss sounded surprised.

"Come on, man. Lighten up," David said playfully hitting him in the arm.

"But what if-"

"Why don't you come with us, then?" David said with little patience. "Will it make you feel better if you tagged along? I'm not gonna make moves on her, if that's what you're worried about." Vanoss looked annoyed. I felt my face hot and I'm pretty sure I looked like a tomato.

"That's not what I'm worried about," Vanoss face palmed. "But I'm still coming along."

• • •

Vanoss was driving around the city. David was in the passenger seat. I was in the back seat staring outside the window.

David turned on the radio playing my favorite kind of music. He knew music calmed me down. I mean, who doesn't listen to music to calm down? A small smile creeped on my face. I wanted to thank him but instead I just listened to the music.

I was looking at the tall buildings and the dull lights that illuminated the city. I never noticed how beautiful the city was. I was always too busy or tired to take in my surroundings.

I noticed Vanoss shuffle uncomfortably and David was giving him a certain look. I didn't let it bother me and I rolled the window down a little to let the nice cold air in. I closed my eyes. We drove around some more. Vanoss took a turn away from the city. I was wondering where we were headed. I didn't want to ask but a smile formed on David's face. I'm assuming it's some special place for them or something. 

I could see the view of the beach as we headed closer. There were still people swimming and surfing and just walking along the beach.

Vanoss seemed to relax again. Why was he so tense through the drive? I shrugged it off once again. I stared up into the sky and breathed in the salty air. It almost felt like I was free again. Keyword being 'almost'.

I started frowning as I saw people laughing and having fun with their friends and families. I wanted to feel that again. 

After a long drive along the beach, Vanoss started heading back to the city. It made me a little sad but I was glad I got to get out of that apartment for a while.

*