Chapter 4 - Hidden Secrets

***

Danielle's P.O.V

"Even when the sky is falling down..." I heard the sound of someone singing and strumming a guitar. I quietly tippy-toed closer to the sound.

"Even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet..." I peek my head in the crack of the door and saw Luke gently strumming his guitar. His dirty blonde hair was all scruffed up, wearing a tank top and shorts.

"Even when we try to say goodbye..." Luke's voice projected through the room. I opened the door a little more and stood there, watching him peacefully sing and strum his guitar. He is absolutely amazing. I've never really heard a boy sing so elegantly, so flawlessly.

"And you cut the tension with a knife in here. Cause I know what'll happen if we get through this..." Luke's voice was soothing. The sound of his voice filled my mind, clearing all the worry, overthinking, sadness and negative thoughts away. I leaned against the door, now comfortable. Luke didn't even notice my presences. He looked down at his guitar and closed his eyes as he sang.

"And if the earth ends up crumbling down my knees baby..." Luke began to strum his guitar faster and sang louder. "We just gotta get out, we just gotta get out." I stood there for about what felt like two to three more minutes.

"Even when the sky is falling down, even when the earth is crumbling 'round my feet..." Luke's voice became soft. "Round my feet!" He beautifully gave it his all. Finishing off the song Luke finished with one last strum of his guitar and placed it beside him.

"Awe, why did you stop?" Luke jumped, a little frightened. A smile grew upon my face as Luke's cheeks flushed pink and shyly smiled.

"Were you here the whole time?" Luke blushed.

"Haha, yeah!"

"Why are you laughing?" Luke tried to hide his smile.

"You're really cute when you blush..." I admitted. Luke chuckled and looked to the side. "You are a phenomenal singer."

"Thank you." He bit his lip.

"Truly, you have an amazing voice," I smiled. "I've never played the guitar before."

"Really?" Luke seemed surprised. "I can teach you if you'd like." His deep dimples appeared from his smirk. I nodded my head, placing my long hair behind my ear.

"Come, sit." Luke patted his lap. As I did what he said he placed his guitar in front of me on my lap. "Now, which way would you feel most comfortable strumming?" I tried holding the guitar both ways.

"I would like strumming with my right hand." I held the neck of the guitar with my left hand resting my right hand on the body.

"Good! I play like this as well." My back pressed against Luke's chest. He gently took my hand and held it over the sound hole. Along with my right hand, he places my fingers in place on the guitar strings and hands me a guitar pick.

"Ready? I'm going to strum with you." I could feel his hot breath on my neck, giving me chills. I nodded. Luke completely takes over and strums with my hand, holding the guitar pick. We continue to strum to one simple note for a while.

Suddenly, Luke stops what he was doing. He was quiet. I glance over my shoulder to him looking at my wrist once again. His facial expressions drastically changed from happy to worry and sorrow. Luke removes my hand from the neck of the guitar and held my arm. He examined my wrist, looking at all the scars and cuts going up my arm. Luke brought my wrist up to his face and pressed his lips on my wounds, kissing them. He entwined his fingers with mine, pulling me into a hug from behind.