Chapter 7 - Secrets Untold Start To Unfold

***

Luke's P.O.V

"Alright, alright!" I speak into the mic and wave my hands down to the crowd; trying to calm them. "I would like you all to meet someone." I looked behind me to the guys giving me an evil smirk.

"This is a special someone that I have known for a while now." The crowd screamed louder. "I think it's time you meet her...please be nice." The crowd 'awed', causing me to smile.

"She's gonna kill me." I chuckled. "Come on out, Danielle!" Danielle shyly appeared from behind the stage. She hid her hair in her face and looked down towards to floor. Her short, small figure stood behind me, peeking out at the large crowd.

Danielle's P.O.V

I hid my tiny body behind Luke's tall frame. Expecting the crowd to hate me, I got the opposite response. Girls from here and there screaming and 'ahhing'.

"C'mon babe, don't be shy." Luke held me by the waist and swung his arm over my shoulder, kissing my forehead. "Say hi!" I nervously waved to the massive crowd standing before me.

"CAN DANIELLE SING?!" A fan in the front row yelled loud enough for us to hear. I looked up at Luke and swallowed.

"I don't know Dani, can you sing?" Luke spoke into the mic, giving me the smallest smirk. "I've never heard you sing before..." The truth is I CAN sing, but I've never had the guts to it in front of anyone.

"EVERYONE SHOUT WITH ME ON 3. 1,2,3...DANI SING, DANI SING, DANI SING!" Ashton stood up from his drum kit and chanted along with the crowd. I could feel my heart beat in my ears as my face flushed red. I took deep breaths and yanked the mic out of Luke's stand.

"Alright...I'll sing!" What the hell was I thinking? "Do you want to pass out and possibly have an anxiety attack or finally put yourself out there and trying something new?" Said the voice in the back of my head. "I can do this," I told myself.

"What song shall I sing?" I asked the crowd, walking back and forth across the stage with all eyes on me. Somehow I gained a sense of confidence.

"Dani is gonna still our thunder!" Calum chuckled into the mic.

"You guys didn't sing Wherever You Are yet, did you?" Wherever You Are was one of my favorite songs by the guys. I've learned the lyrics from listening to it so much at every show.

"Nope." They shook their heads.

"Do you mind of I do a little cover?" The guys looked at each other, looking quite impressed.

"Go for it, babe." Luke winked at me, biting his lip. I stood beside Luke as they began to strum their guitars. I held the mic with both hands up to my lips and closed my eyes.

"For a while, we pretended that we never had to end, but knew we had to say goodbye..." My eyes fluttered opened to a crowd of girls, stunned. Their mouths hung open, absolutely astounded along with the other guys. I smiled at their reactions and continued to sing. "You were crying at the airport when they finally closed the plane door. I could barely hold it all inside."

"Oh my God." Luke mouthed to the guys, shocked and also amazed.

"Torn in two, and I know I shouldn't tell you, but I just can't stop thinking of you." My voice smoothly projected into the mic, carrying out the 'you'. All of a sudden the crowd roared, seeming to be enjoying 'my' performance. "Wherever you are...you...wherever you are." I continued to sing and got close to the end of the song. Here's the part. The part of the song where I can put myself out there.

"You can say we'll be together someday, but nothing lasts forever. Nothing stays the same." I directly faced Luke, standing there with his guitar hanging from his neck. His facial expression didn't change from when I first opened my mouth. My dark, brown orbs didn't leave his bright blue ones. "So why can't I stop feeling this way?" I gave it my all, projecting my voice louder and extending the word 'way'. Luke, still unbelievably astounded grabs Michael's mic from his stand.

"Torn in two..." Luke's voice joined with mine, singing deeply and softly. "And I know I shouldn't tell you, but I just can't stop thinking of you..." Our voices were perfectly n'sync. Luke's eyes didn't leave me, watching my every move. "Wherever you are...you...wherever you are. Every night I almost call you, just to say it always will be you...wherever you are." The crowd screamed louder than ever before. I finally took my gaze off Luke and onto the crowd. Girls screeching at the top of their lungs, crying and 'ahhing'. Luke took me by surprise, embracing me into a hug.

"I HAD NO IDEA YOU COULD SING LIKE THAT!" Luke cupped my face, speaking loudly over the audience. I blushed, feeling my cheeks warm up. I stood on Luke's feet, getting up on my tippy-toes and reached for his lips. Luke's hand held up my chin to meet his lips.

"AWWE!" The crowd startled me, forgetting about where I was.

"WELL, HOLY SHIT!" Calum laughed into the mic along with the other guys.

"LUKE AND DANIELLE WILL BE HERE ALL WEEK!" Michael joked.

***

The night was over and we were all back in our hotel rooms. Luke was in the shower, so I had a little time to myself to think. My mind is constantly talking non-sense. It never turns off whatsoever. Something wasn't right. Something strange was acting up. Whenever I made eye contact with someone it felt like I could hear them speaking without them even talking...

*Flashback*

"Look at mommy," I sat on my mom's lap, looking her in the eyes. "What is mommy thinking about?" She asks. I focused on mom's dark, black pupil. It felt as if I was hearing her thoughts and her voice in my mind, without her mouth moving.

"You- you, are thinking about...who is Elena?" I asked. My mom's lips parted, her mouth hung open in disbelief.

"Oh my goodness..." My mom kissed the top of my forehead and held me tightly. "Elena is my sister." She smiled, holding back a wall of tears.

"She's dead...?" I asked, confused. I was only 5 years old. My mom nodded her head as a tear slipped down her cheek. "Don't cry mommy. Elena loves you." I wiped away my mom's tear and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"You are a special one." She softly whispered into my ear.

*End of flashback*

I gasped, now snapped out of it. "Holy shit..." I remembered. All the pieces are forming together, starting to make sense.

"What is it?!" Luke stood in front of the restroom door with a towel around his waist.