Chapter 25 - Flashbacks

***

"You okay?" I asked Luke. He sat in one of the many seats in the waiting area for our flight. Luke nodded and weakly smiled up at me, taking his quite upset gaze off the floor.

"I just don't like saying goodbye..." Luke mumbled as he rubbed his tired eyes.

"It's alright, you'll see the guys and your mum as soon as you regain your memory." I rubbed his back and pulled him into a hug.

"How long until now?" He narrowed his eyebrows at me.

"As long as you'd like..." The time depended on his memory. Luke shrugged and sighed. I stood up from my seat next to him and straightened my baggy sweatpants along. I took off Luke's blue flannel he had given me when I was cold from the air conditioning in the airport, leaving my white tank top on.

"Your bum looks good in those sweatpants." Luke gently slapped it and chuckled.

"Luke!" I sharply whispered, turning around. Luke sat there with his arms crossed and a smirk plastered across his face. I held back a giggle and shook my head. "I'm going to the restroom, now be good." I feel like I had to treat Luke like a child 97% of the time.

Luke's P.O.V

Danielle left her cell phone on the seat next to me. I waited for her to enter the restroom and snatched her phone from the seat. Danielle didn't have a passcode or some sort so I could snoop around. I opened her gallery and looked her through photos. I came across a photo of us that seemed to be taken on the beach. Someone else must have taken it from the way the photo was angled. Danielle sat on my lap with her legs wrapped my waist my arms embraced her. Our foreheads touched, almost kissing, but not quite. Danielle seemed so happy, her smile grew from ear to ear as she had her dark orbs locked on mine. I sighed, not remembering this event. I was mad at myself for not remembering what we had, what we did and how we started. The only thing I remember was Danielle telling me to slam on the breaks or something because there was a red light ahead. Before I would stop a massive truck hit us and everything that ever had to do with Danielle is all a blur. I was too drunk to care. I've never regretted something so much. I've been studying Danielle for days, trying to get something to pop up in my memory. From some moments we had recently I had flashes of what seem like memories we shared. I ran over every single memory that I could think of and remembered something. Just something. It was better than nothing. Has Danielle some sort of mental illness? I shrugged and glanced at the photo of us two, studying us once more. It hit me. It finally hit me. Danielle had depression. I sighed knowing such a beautiful girl had to struggle with a mental illness so horrible and basically life ruining. For her to put up with me and try to regain my memory between her and me meant a lot. She's giving the effort to pull us back together and what we had. I peered up from the phone and saw Danielle stepping out of the restroom. I immediately put her phone back down on the seat next me, hoping she won't notice.

Danielle's P.O.V

I narrowed my eyes at Luke and raised an eyebrow, finding something suspicious but couldn't figure out what was wrong. Luke hid a smirk and shrugged.

"All passengers ready to board!" Said the announcer.

***

The stupid air conditioning on the plane was absolutely freezing. I ️shifted over to the window and curled myself into a ball, holding my knees against my chest creating some sort of warmth. Luke wore a grey hoodie, but I didn't bother to ask for it, knowing he was probably cold as well. I shivered and trembled more and more by the second. I felt Luke's arm reach around me and pull me onto his lap. As I laid across his lap he rubbed my arms, attempting to get rid of my goosebumps. Luke came to realize that this method wasn't working whatsoever. I sat up as he zipped open his hoodie. Luke patted his lap, letting me know I could sit.