Chapter 5 - Tough Love

Luke's P.O.V

"Oh my God, Danielle! Please wake up." I held her hand, watching her slowly breathe in the hospital bed. Danielle's cheek was slightly cut open and also had a fat lip. Her black eye was swollen, bruises and wounds covered down her tiny body. I felt Danielle move softly.

"Dani?" Her eyes shot open and quickly looked around. Danielle's breathing instantly increased, causing her chest to go up and down at a rapid speed. Her eyes widened as she realized she was hooked up to a machine.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" She panicked.

"Danielle, it's okay. Calm down!" She immediately let go of my hand and violently ripped the injections out of her arm.

"WHERE AM I?!" She shouted, sitting up on the hospital bed. Her breathing became heavy. "WHAT AM I DOING HERE?" I could highly tell Danielle's anxiety was getting to her.

"It's alright, You're okay, you just passed out a couple hours ago..." I sat down on the bed next to her, calming her down. Before I could touch her, Danielle flinched and pushed herself away.

"Why does my face hur-" Her reflection in the window caught her attention. "Holy shit!" Danielle touched her face, terrified. As she lifted her shirt her mouth opened in disbelief. Bruises traveled up her sides to her visible ribs.

"You don't remember?" I frowned. She must have been out, cold.

"No! Apparently, I got knocked out?" Danielle moved closer to the window, tracing her wounds with her finger.

"Let me explain, please." I patted the bed, letting her know she can sit. She turned around, sharply. Her long hair flew over her shoulder. Danielle's dark orbs built up with tears, causing them to go red. Her eyes fluttered quickly, preventing her from crying.

"I'm listening..." She sits on the bed next to me, crossing her arms.

"Earlier today we were making our way into the arena through a massive crowd of girls," I placed my hand on her knee. Danielle nodded her head, wanting to know more. "Then these crazy fans were telling you really rude things and started beating you. I tried to sto-"

Danielle's P.O.V

"Did one of them call me a bitch and say 'he's mine' or something?" I rolled my eyes at the memory coming together.

"Yeah..." Luke seemed surprised.

"Why are those girls so jealous? You're just a normal guy!" I didn't understand why these girls liked Luke so much. He shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. "It's not like you're a celebrity and all these girls are all over you..." Luke slightly smiled.

"Actually..." He smirked. "I am."

"Sure." I sighed, not exactly believing him.

"I don't mean to sound like a douche, but the guys and I are pretty popular." Luke's smirk grew wider.

"Prove it." No way was I hanging out with a famous guy. Luke pulled out his phone from his pocket and looked himself up. He handed me his phone.

"Well, shit!" I laughed. "You are famous!" Luke nodded his head also chuckling along with me.

"Wait, if you're 'famous' then why are you hanging out with me? Why do you even care about me?" I was serious. Luke was quiet for a moment. "Luke?" I lifted his chin up, now directly piercing his sight into my orbs.

"When I first saw you it looked like you were crying up against the wall, so I wanted to make sure you were okay..." Luke's face instantly turned pink. "You know us 'famous' people are real people as well. We're just like you, except well known to the world." What he said actually did make a lot of sense. He was right.

***

As Luke and I were walking back to the tour buses I spotted a black 4x4 truck. I recognized it right away. I swear I've seen that truck around my flat a couple times before. My attention was focused in the direction of the truck, my eyes not leaving it.

"What are you looking at?" Luke looked across the street, trying to see what my eyes were fixed on.

"That black truck..." I pointed.

"Yeah, what about it?" He obviously seemed confused.

"I recognize it from somewhere," As my memory pulled the pieces back together I remembered. As we walked passed the truck I saw a very muscular man in a gray tank top and had brown, spiky hair. "OH NO!" I panicked and clenched Luke's hand tightly.

"What?" Luke looked down at me, worried.

"RUN!" I dragged Luke behind me. I looked back at the man in the truck, now spotting me running away. SHIT! He saw us.

"Why are we running?!" Luke shouted.

"SHH! The man in the..." I tried lowering my voice as I ran with Luke in my hand. "The man in the truck is my sister's boyfriend!" Luke's eyebrows narrowed inward, not understanding why it was a bad thing.

"If he see's me, he's gonna force me to go back home!" Going back home was the last place I wanted to be at the moment, or ever.

"Oh..." Luke picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, now running faster; realizing the truck was chasing us. "Shit!" Slipped out of his mouth. Luke made a sharp turn in between two buildings and put me down at a dead end. His breathing was heavy and was hard to catch his breath. I walked back and forth, nervously running my hand through my hair. The black 4x4 truck pulled over in between the two buildings Luke and I were stuck in.

"I am so dead..." My sister's boyfriend, Greg slammed the truck door as hard as he could, causing me to jump; frightening me. Luke pulls me in toward him from behind.

"DANIELLE EVINS!!!" Greg's echo bounced off the brick walls. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR 4 DAYS!" He gave Luke an angry gaze.

"WHO THE FUCK IS THIS AND WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!" I could feel Luke holding me tighter.

"Th-this is Luke..." My nerves completely took over my body, causing me to shiver. Luke rubbed my arm, giving the effort to calm me down.

"DID HE DO THAT TO YOUR FACE?!" We both stayed silent. "COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" Greg raised his voice at least five times higher, scaring Luke as well. We didn't move a single muscle. Once he realized we weren't going to budge, he decided to himself. Before Greg could grab me by the arm Luke quickly pulled me behind him.

"Don't..." I whimpered.