Chapter 26 - Love Me or Hate Me

I took a step back from Luke, not only I shock but preventing myself from kissing him. It was too early be relieved. Luke still has loads to remember.

"Come on, you still have loads more to remember!" I linked arms with Luke and opened the back door of the building, where Luke took me through. Walking down the hall, I came across the music room. This is where the boys and I spent most of our time together during their time in Toronto.

"The music room?" Luke looked around the room in confusion. I sighed and nodded. He sat on the couch and glanced around some more. "Give me a hint."

"Picture me sitting on that very couch with the boys-"

"Wait!"

"What? What is it? Did you remember something?" I took myself off the wall from leaning on it and had my full attention on Luke. He pulled out his vibrating phone from his pocket. Ashton's name flashed up on Luke's phone screen. I rolled my eyes, annoyed with him once again.

"Hello?" Luke seemed surprised to get a call from Ashton all the way from Australia. Must be an emergency of some sort.

"Hey, Luke! How are you, bud?" I could hear Ashton speak through the phone pressed to Luke's ear. Luke told him everything was fine and seemed to be running well.

"Where are ya?" Ash asked.

"The music room?" Luke still seemed puzzled. Ashton started to chuckle through the phone. "What's so funny?" Luke smiled.

"The music room is where Danielle and I made out!" Ashton's words struck through my chest, knowing that I have told him to NEVER mention a single word about us. "You guys WHAT?!" Luke's breathing became heavy as his bright blue orbs turned dark and glossy.

"Oh, good times..." Ashton's chuckle faded and hung up, leaving the room with nothing but the sound of a broken line.

"Did I EVER know about this?" Luke furiously stood up. As I nodded my head from side to side in shame, guilt and embarrassment Luke threw his phone against the wall, shattering it to pieces.

"So, you..." Luke choked up on his words, holding back too much that he could handle. "YOU CHEATED ON ME?!" Luke charged at me with an open hand. With his open hand, he clenched his grip tightly around my neck and roughly pinned me against the wall.

"YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH ASHTON? ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS?" Luke's glossy eyes pierced my sight. This was Ashton's plan. He is determined to ruin our relationship. My eyes became watery from the lack of oxygen getting to my brain. The beat of heart pumped harder and louder by the second from the fear of Luke. He tightened his grip around my neck even more as he easily lifted me off my feet. I swarmed and kicked my feet, trying to escape from Luke's deathly grasp.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" Luke threw my body onto the floor like I was a rag doll. I landed on my knees gasping for air, coughing and choking until my face regained its normal colour.  "YOU LIER!" Luke looked down at me, watching me break one piece at a time.  I looked up at the boy I once loved and shared my life with. The boy looked down at the girl, me he once loved; now beating her to death because he was mentally hurt the same way I was physically hurt. Our eyes, full of nothing but tears locked. I let out a loud and painful sob as we kept eye contact. Immediately, Luke steps away from my nearly dead body. I rolled over and groaned, sobbing until my lungs dried out. I've never in my life felt so much physical and mental pain than I have now. I fluttered my eyes open, trying to stay awake. Luke sat in a chair glancing at his bloody knuckles from beating me as fear washing over his system.

"You cheat-"

"I wouldn't say I cheated on you..." I cut him off and painfully sat myself up on my bum.

"What? How?!" Luke sharply whispered.

"You don't even know-"

"Well, I do know that you and Ashton made out...in here apparently." Luke looked around, pissed.

"Let me speak!" I slightly raised my voice. Luke leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms in frustration. "Obviously, you don't remember this but Aleisha, your ex-girlfriend found your hotel and I found you two-"

"We kissed?" Luke asked under his breath. My eyes shot open - how could he have remembered? I nodded in shock.

"Well, she kissed me while I was trying to escape..."

"Right, then I ran off to the music room, here and Ashton found me quite upset. I didn't want to have anything to do with him, but we were both going through a rough time at the moment and-"

"Did he kiss you first?" Luke sat up straight in his seat, holding a dark gaze upon me.

"Yes..." Luke slammed his fist off the chair, angry with my response.

"Luke, there's something you should know." I groaned as I slowly sat onto the couch in front of him. My body trembled and ached.

"Know what?" He spat and shook his head.

"Every time Ashton forced his lips onto mine, I always thought of you. I only wanted you, Luke, because you were my one and only. There's not one time, I didn't tell Ashton that I was yours and not his. He doesn't respect us, but I do. He wants to ruin this relationship and I only wanted to make it better..." I sniffed in my stuffy nose from sobbing so much and wiped my salty cheeks clean. My eyes didn't leave Luke's as I spoke. His mouth hung open, not knowing what emotion to feel anymore. "Luke, I love you so much...more than anyone and everything, but you don't deserve me." My head dropped, looking down at my lap as a tear slipped into the palm of my hand.

"Dani, I-"

"You don't deserve me..." I cut him off, shaking my head as my mind filled with its demons once again.