Chapter 24 - Step One

***

I woke up on the couch, having the awful, yet painful urge to throw up again. I tripped and stumbled my way to the restroom right across from Luke's room. My vision was blurry and my balance was still unstable from a massive headache I had. I roughly coughed and choked as I rushed to the toilet. I held my hair above my head as I was being sick once again. It felt like I was throwing my damn organs. I sat on the restroom floor, so miserable and out of breath. Well, drinking was fun while it lasted. The beat of my heart increased by the second. My stomach burned from being full of nothing but alcohol. The door flew open, frightening me. I coughed as I glanced up at Luke standing in the doorway.

"Danielle?" He asked unconfidently. My heart skipped beats listening to Luke say my name correctly after a couple of days.

"Yes!" I weakly smiled and nodded my head. Luke kneeled down beside and asked if I was okay. I shook my head from side to side, obviously not feeling okay whatsoever. Luke glanced at every single detail upon my face and placed my hair behind my ear.

"My mom wants us to go back to Toronto..." Said Luke, out of the blue.

"What?! Why?" I pulled my head away from the toilet and cleared my face. Luke didn't answer and shrugged his shoulders. I jumped to my feet and made a run for Liz' room down the hall.

"LIZ! LIZ! LIZ!' I knocked on her bedroom door until she family swung it open.

"What would you like, hun?" She rubbed her eyes and sighed. I slammed the door behind me, not containing my excitement.

"You want me and Luke and go back to Toronto?" I sharply whispered. Liz nodded her head. "So, I can try to regain Luke's memory?" As Liz formed a smile I started jumping and clapping my hands like a little girl. She embraced me into a hug.

"I just want what's best for my son and the daughter I never had..." Said Liz into my neck.

"Thank you. Thank you so much!" Liz whipped away the tears of joy running down my face with the back of her hand.

"You better get packing then!"

***

Before I began packing my bags I took a quick shower to get rid of the smell of liquor and had something to eat. I gathered my very few clothes and such into piles around Luke's room, where I stayed. At the corner of my eye, I saw Luke's head peek in the door, giving me a smirk.

"Can I help you?" He asked. I'm guessing he was done packing his bags so he could just come bug me. I told him I was okay and I didn't need any help at the moment, but Luke didn't seem to budge; standing in the doorway. Luke wondered around his room, stepping over the piles of clothes.

"Look!" I heard Luke chuckle from behind me. I threw some clothes into my bag and turned around to see Luke standing on his bed, wearing one of my black lacy bras outside his shirt. "I'm Danielle" He posed, placing one hand on his hip and the other in his scruffy dirty blonde hair. I couldn't help but burst into laughter as well.

"Well I must admit, you do look much better than I do." I wasn't bullshitting him, that's for sure.

"Are you kidding me? Pfft, no I don't!" Luke took off my bra and put it in my bag. He jumped to his bum, bouncing on his bed. Luke crossed his legs and rested his elbow on his leg, holding up his head.

"What's up, Luke?" I cracked a smile from him not being able to keep his eyes off me. Luke didn't respond and continued to keep his mysterious, yet happy gaze on me. "Stop it!" I threw a t-shirt at his face and giggled. Luke threw the t- shirt back and tackled me onto the bed.

"Ha, I gotcha!" Luke hovered above me, playfully pinning me down. His long fingers ghost around my body, searching for a place to tickle.

"Luke!" I swarmed, trying to escape from him tickling my stomach. I shrieked and laughed until there were tears. "Stop it, Luke! Stop it!' The truth is, I didn't want him to stop.

"Does this tickle?" He smirked.

"Wha-" Before I knew what he was about to do Luke dived into my neck, leaving tickling love bites up and down my neck. The shrieking and giggling continued. I pressed by hands and feet onto Luke's chest, playfully kicking and punching him. Needing to find a weak spot on him, I gently ran my fingers over Luke's neck as he hovered over me. He immediately flinched and turned his head. Now having control over him and his chuckles I flipped him over on his back.

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?" Liz rushed to the door. Luke jumped off and sat beside me as if nothing happened. "Are you two fooling around?" She smiled, knowing what has was happening.

"Please, just don't kill Dani. Alright, Luke?" Liz closed the door behind her on the way out, slightly giggling.

"Does this tickle for you as well?" I sat back onto Luke's lower abdomen and continued to trail my fingers around his body, trying to find new weaknesses within him. Dipping into Luke's neck, I pressed sweet kisses to his soft; pale skin. Luke's chuckled soon turned into pleasure. Moans and groans escaped his lips as I unbuttoned his blue flannel, kissing trails down his chest. Every single step had me begging for the next. Luke's lips, along with his piercing brushed against mine, waiting for him to kiss me first. His hands raised up my shirt, undoing my bra and threw it across the room. After taking over for a while, Luke flipped me over, having my back pressed against the bed. He placed underneath him. Leaning down, Luke's forehead touched mine.

"I like you..." Luke's lips interlocked with mine for the first time in what seemed like ages.

"I like you too..." I mumbled against his lips, knowing I was somewhat closer to existing somewhere in his memory.