Chapter 14 - Out of Control

"Ashton, what the hell!" Ashton didn't even acknowledge my existence. He continued to basically grope Danielle while kissing her, harshly. Dani pressed her hands to Ashton's chest and struggled to push him away. As Danielle pushed herself farther away from him, Ashton would tighten his grip around her tiny body.

"Dude, get off of her!" I grabbed Ashton by the waist and yanked him off Danielle, leaving her feeling disgusted. "Ash, what has gotten into you?" I hovered over him, holding him down.

"He's drunk!" Claimed Calum, looking rather stunned.

"Let. Me. GO!" Ashton tried sitting up and slipping out of my grasp as tears suddenly streamed down his face, confusing me.

"Stop it Ashton!" I snapped as he kept squirming to reach Danielle. There was no way in hell Ash would be able to touch Danielle at the moment. Looking down at Ashton, he seemed beyond frustrated and angry for some reason. "Ash, what's wrong?" I asked. Ashton gave me nothing but a dirty look and a hard clenched fist to my face. I held my cheek at the spot where he had punched me. I narrowed my eyebrows down at him. Yet again, I got another punch to the face.

"Stop it!" He didn't listen. Ashton's clenched fist smashed into my cheek bone, slightly cutting open some skin. I breathed in fast at the sharp pain. Ashton's green/hazel orbs darkened and reddened from the random tears. Why was he hurting me? I didn't want to hurt Ash; he's one of my best friends, but he's hurting me for God knows what.

"ASHTON STOP IT, MAN!" I raised my voice and slammed my first into the side of Ashton's face, immediately regretting what I've just done.

Danielle's P.O.V

I hid my face in my sweater as Michael held me close with his long arm wrapped around my shoulders. My eyes squeezed shut as Luke took more punches to the face from Ashton's force. I was a little drunk, feeling a bit woozy. I could tell Luke didn't want to ever hurt Ashton because he cared for him and understood he was drunk but was not aware of the situation between me and Ash.

"ASHTON, THAT'S ENOUGH!" Calum jumped up from the floor, still a bit woozy as well and picked Ashton up by his arms; getting him off Luke. Calum threw Ashton across the room causing him to hit the white wall, leaving a small dent in it. Ash stumbled over his feet and collapsed to the floor. I rushed over to Luke laying on the floor with a bloody cheek and cut lip. He bit his lower lip and squeezed his bright blue orbs shut from the sharp pain. I gently turned Luke's face, slightly; having a glance at what Ashton had done to him for no particular reason. I frowned as it hurt me to see Luke hurt as well. I looked behind me to Calum and Michael trying to calm Ashton down as his breathing became heavy.

"Here." I placed a cold, wet cloth to Luke's face. He breathed in quickly and gritted his teeth as a small groan escaped his lips. "I know baby, I know." I pressed a kiss to his forehead. Luke sat up and held the cloth to his face. He looked over at Ashton, holding a gaze on the floor with tears streaming down his face. The look on Luke's face seemed as if he was horrified and mostly upset of what just happened.

"Why?" Luke said under his breath as he looked around the room. "Why?"

 Danielle's P.O.V

Ashton pulled himself up, sitting up straight against the wall and wiped the endless stream of tears running down his face. He was going break. He's already starting to crumble. As Ashton breathed in deeply I could feel his point of view as if I were him. So much pain and a shit load of panic, anxiety, and depression laid heavily onto him. After bundling all this negativity for what seemed like ages, was finally going to break him. I physically and emotionally felt bad for Ashton because we're basically on the same level. I've been there, done that and I know exactly how he feels. He peered over at me and Luke and gave me a nod. I nodded my head back at him, knowing what he was about to do. Ashton took one last deep breath as everyone still stared at him in awe.

"You want to know why?" Asked Ashton. The boys nodded, feeling rather concerned. He looked down at his wrist covered with bracelets and looked up at me.

"I'm in love with Danielle Evins." Ashton sadly announced. What?! I didn't want him to mention that.

"No, no. Wait, what?" Ashton left Luke and the others in complete shock.

"But it's okay. I understand that Dani is yours. It just hurts when you see the one you love, love someone else." He sighed and simply informed Luke. A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

"That's it? That's 'why' ?" Said Luke, harshly. I hit the side of his arm with the back of my hand, letting him know that was rude.

"No..." Ashton held the most guilty gaze on his wrist. He began to yank off all the layers of bracelets off his wrist, revealing new and old cuts and scars; immediately catching everyone's attention. The boys' mouths fell open, absolutely dumbfounded and mostly hurt. A tear escaped from Ashton's teary green orbs and breathed out slowly.

"I have everything that Danielle has." I nodded. I couldn't argue or disagree with him because it was true.

"1/5 people may have some sort of a mental illness." I added. This was a very touchy subject to talk about. Luke stood up and walked over to Ashton with a clenched fist. I expected for Luke to slam his fist into Ashton's face once again, but instead he helped him up and embraced Ash into a hug. Michael and Calum joined forming into a group hug.

"We love you, Ash..." Mumbled Luke. I smiled.

"You do?" Ashton's voice came out a little smaller than he expected.

"Yeah man." Michael patted his back.

"We've known you for like 10 years now. Of course, we love you." Calum slightly chuckled. Ashton gave the boys a weak smile and had a sense of relief wash over him.

***

"I'm gonna take a shower, okay?" I yelled from the other side of the hall from Luke's room.

"Okay, babe!" He yelled back. I shut the restroom door behind me and turned nob of the shower on, feeling the warm water sprinkle against my skin. I closed my eyes and caught onto the thought of Luke. This boy has given me everything I needed without me even asking. He gave me shelter, food, and clothing. He gave me love and filled my empty parts. Every time Luke hugs me, holding me tight to his chest; it feels as if he places my broken pieces back together. Luke was there when no one else was. His smile is disguised as mine. The thought of him instantly puts me in a better mood. When I'm with him all the negative things happening in my life disappear. My feelings for Luke grew stronger each day. But the real question was, am I in love with him?

"Dani-"

"Luke!" I jumped, frightened. I quickly reached for my towel; hanging from the hook on the wall. Before I could wrap the towel around my body Luke's eyes scanned my naked body from head to toe causing my cheeks to flush bright red and my heartbeat to pick up speed in embarrassment. "Oh my God, get out!" I panicked, now feeling disgusted by being seen completely naked.

"I am so sorry!" Luke face palmed, also embarrassed. "I thought you were done!" I pointed to the door, telling him to get out once again. I've never been so embarrassed in my life.

***

I peeked out the door of the restroom, now fully clothed in a black over-sized t-shirt and loose PJ shorts. I looked, making sure the hallway was free of 4 tall, loud, obnoxious boys running around. I made my way towards my room when all of a sudden Luke lifts me up from behind and pushes me up against the wall, once again frightening the shit out of me. I squeezed my eyes shut, excepting him to do some sort of harm towards me, but instead his lips collided with mine.

"I can't resist you any longer." Luke hissed against my lips, aggressively kissing them. I smirked, wrapping my legs tightly around Luke's waist. I rested my elbows on Luke's shoulders as I ran my fingers through his dirty blonde hair. Luke's hands slipped under my bum and lifted me off the wall, carrying me to his bedroom. "Oh, the things I want to do to you..." Luke placed me on his bed as an evil smirk appeared on his face.