Chapter 19 - Don't Leave Me Now

A couple of days has passed since the incident with Ashton. Turns out, I'm in Australia with the rest of the guys. Luke thought it was time that I've met his family now that we've been together for just over 5 months. I wasn't ready, I didn't want to. Of course in every relationship that boy or girl is somewhat nervous about meeting their family, worrying about 'will they like me?' kinda thing. I didn't have a family so there was no one to meet other than my sister.

"Luke!" I flinched, the voice waking me up. Luke's grip tightened around me and held me closer. I found my tiny self-entwined with Luke's tall framed body on his bed in his home. "Hun, are you home?" I'm guessing that was Luke's mom. She wasn't home when we arrived last night. I groaned into Luke's chest and stretched, laying out on the bed. Luke hovered above me and planted a kiss on my lips.

"Good morning." His morning voice was raspy, yet deep which I found quite attractive. I rubbed my eyes and smiled. "You're so cute!" Luke rubbed his nose against mine, causing me to blush. I'm pretty sure my hair looked like a hurricane and a little mascara came off under my eyes. I wore a tank top and loose short shorts. That's all I ever wore.

"Luke..." I mumbled.

"Yes, love?" He rolled over to kiss my forehead.

"Are you gonna reply to you, mom?" I slightly giggled. His eyes widened, accidently forgetting about her. Just then two knocks on the door were left on Luke's bedroom door.

"Luke, you in there?" As the door began to open I immediately jumped out his bed and made a run for Luke's closet, locking myself in it.

"Dani-" Before Luke could say anything else his mom opened the door to him laying on his bed in his boxers. Luke knew I was afraid to meet her and the rest of his family. He knew I was rarely accepted and liked by people. My shyness and insecurities have ruined many opportunities in life and I regret them dearly. I opened a small crack in the door of the closet so I could see Luke and his mom.

"Luke!" His mom embraced him tightly and widely smiled into his neck. She was over the moon to see her son after so long and Luke was just as happy. Their happiness and love for each other reminded me of my mom and I. All the memories bounced off the walls of my mind, causing me to get emotional. Don't cry. Not in Luke's closet. I told myself. I held it together and slightly smiled, seeing his mother so happy. She was pretty and had a thick accent. Her crystal blue orbs matched Luke's, along with his dirty blonde hair.

"Mum..." Luke sat down on his bed as he slipped on a shirt.

"Yes, Luke?" She smiled as his face lit up.

"I have someone I'd like you to meet..." Luke's eyes darted for the opening crack of his closet, finding my dark, dull orbs. The pounding of the beat of my heart rapidly increased as the palm of my hands became sweaty. Why does anxiety make everything 10x worse than they actually are? I was frustrated with myself, not being able to calm down over something as simple as meeting Luke's mom. I hid in Luke's clothes, buried in his scent.

"Awh, I think I've heard of this someone." I heard Luke's mother speak, seeming somewhat pleased.

"Really?" Luke sounded surprised.

"She's in the media and news along with you now, Luke!" There was complete silence for what seemed like 15 seconds. I remember Luke didn't like the media most of the time. He wouldn't even let me look at papers, magazines or articles because he referred to them as "bullshit" and because of the hate I received. All of a sudden I heard the door of the closet open, frightening me.

"Danielle..." Luke chuckled. I didn't say a word. "I can see your feet, babe." I heard a slight giggle come from his mom as well. Oh shit. I could feet Luke's hand's ghost through the pile of clothes, taking each layer off; getting closer to me.