Chapter 9 - Ashton?

***

I roughly gathered my things together, still sobbing in the music room where the guys and I hung out from time to time.

"Danielle?" I jumped, startled. Ashton peeks out from behind the door. "What are you doing?" I quickly wiped away my tears, not wanting him to notice I was crying.

"Um, I-" I couldn't help but notice that Ashton wasn't wearing any bracelets like he usually does. My eyes couldn't leave his wrist once his scars caught my attention. My pupils widened, as my heart slightly broke.

"Dani?" Ashton walks over to me. "Why are you crying, hun?" Crap, I didn't mean for this to happen.

"Uh, L-Luke..."

"What happened with Luke?" Ashton seemed concerned.

"I found him and his ex k-kissing in the h-hallway." I stuttered, holding back more than I could.

"WHAT?!" Ashton was disappointed. "Here, come sit." He places his hand on my back guiding me to the couch.

"I trusted him, Ash. I thought he cared..." I burst into an uncontrollable sob with so much hurt and pain bundled up inside me. Ashton pulls me into a hug.

"Awe, Dani. It's gonna be okay...shh." He patted my back gently. After sobbing extensively in Ashton's arms for what felt like three minutes. I pulled myself back up, now being able to breathe. Ashton's scars caught my eye, once again.

"Ash?" I hesitated to ask.

"Yes, Danielle?" He looks up at me, clearing my face from tears with his large hand.

"Your wrist?" I frowned. Ashton quickly looked back and forth at his wrist and back up to my dark brown eyes.

"Oh, um it's from Baxter...the dog." I've seen Baxter around here a few times, but those cuts and scars on Ashton's wrist didn't look like they came from a dog. My heart sank, knowing he was lying and knowing exactly what it's like to be in his position.

"Hey, Ash?" I lifted his head up with my finger and pulled up the sleeve of my shirt. "You don't have to lie to me..." Ashton's eyes grew wider.

"Luke told us about you." Ashton held my wrist in his hands.

"He what?" I snapped.

"He tells us everything. We know everything about you, Dani and it's completely fine." Ashton pressed his lips to my scars, leaving a soft kiss against them. The flashback of Luke doing the same exact thing flew through my mind.

"So you know everything that Luke knows about me?" I sighed, disappointed.

"Yes, it's okay. I know we don't know each other that well, but you can trust us like you can trust Lu-" Ashton paused, knowing I've lost my trust with Luke.

" I trust you, Ash. But only because we're going through the same thing." It was saddening to know Ash self-harmed, but felt good to know that I'm not alone.

"W-why do you cut?" I knew it was hard to answer this question. Ashton gave his wrist a guilty gaze. "Look at me." I could answer my question myself. I focused on Ashton's dark pupil in the middle of his hazel green orbs.

"...You're insecure?" I asked, shocked seeing such a beautiful boy in front of me. "You used to get picked on in high school as well. You started to self-harm around 16 or 17, but you've recently stopped for the guys and your fans?..." Ashton's mouth hung open as his eyebrows narrowed inward.

"How? How did you?- You took the words right out of my mind?"

"Oh, Luke didn't tell you?" I asked, surprised. Ashton shook his head. "My mom and I discovered that I had this ability to hear people's thoughts through making eye contact with them at the age of 5 and it recently started to come back." I looked up at Ash, still stunned. I sounded absolutely insane saying what I just did in such a casual way.

"Oh my God..." Ashton chuckled under his breath.

"I know." I slightly giggled. The thought of Ashton being insecure didn't seem to make sense to me.

"Why are you insecure, Ash?" I was confused. "Millions of girls around the world seem to adore you!" He shrugged and smiled as I mentioned the fans. I could tell the fans have helped Ashton a tun. Real bands save fans and real fans save real bands I guess.

"You know what?" I needed to make Ashton believe in the truth.

"What?" Ashton glanced at me.

"I love how your dimples reveal when you smile. I love your laugh. It's so contagious!" Ashton's cheeks began to flush red as he slowly formed a smile. "I love the colour of your eyes and your wavy hair. I love-"

"Stop it! You're making me blush." Ashton chuckled, causing me to break into a smile.

"I'm only telling you the truth." It felt wonderful to make someone feel good about themselves because I know how it feels to have no self-esteem and no self-confidence. "I love your lips..." I caught Ashton's green eyes flickering from my lips and back to my eyes.

"I love your-" Ashton's lips pressed to mine, taking me by surprise. He pulled away and grabbed my legs, wrapping them around his waist while I laid back on the couch. Ashton hovered above me and dipped in kissing my lips. I passionately kissed him back, running my fingers through his wavy hair. Ashton smiled during the kiss and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Ouu..." A smirk grew across his face.