Chapter 18 - Fight For Your Right

"Ashton, stop!" I mumbled against his unwanted lips. I instantly regretted "flirting" with him in the first place. I had the urge to cry, knowing I has phyically and emotionally hurt. I couldn't yell for help, I couldn't use my phone and I couldn't escape from Ashton's rough actions.

"ASHTON!!!" I cried loudly, startling him backward. A wall of tears built up in my dull brown orbs. I sat there staring at him, angry with him. All I wanted was to come home to my sister for a while and catch up on things, but no. I simply can't. I can't enjoy the simple things in life without something "bad" happening to me.

"Ou, you're angry?" smriked Ash, once again coming closer to me. "I like it." Ashton agressively grabbed my harmed legs and wrapped them around his waist. Before I could turn my head away from his he tightly griped my jaw and forced my head to look in his direction. As I squeezed my eyes shut Ashton's lips crashed into mine yet another time. I sinked my lips into my mouth, obviously not wanted his lips. While my eyes where closed I remembered spotting a knife on the counter somewhere behind me. Ashton was too busy gropping, touching and harshly kissing me to realize I was searching for a knife behind me. My fingers ghosted over the sharp end, knowing I have found it. I slowly clenched the handle of the knife and held it downward behind my back.

As Ashton continued to uncomfortably kiss a trail down my neck. I didn't think twice of what I was about to do. I nervously, but quickly pulled the knife from behind my back, removed my legs from around his waist and full forced stabbed the sharp knife into his thigh. I roughly pressed my feet to Ashton's chest and pushed him to the floor. As Ash whimpered in pain with a knife sticking out of his thigh I jumped off the counter and made a run for the door, panicking. I opened the door to a tall figure standing in my way, frightening me. I looked up at the tall figure. Luke?!

"LUKE!" I jumped into his arms, embracing his warmth from his large frame. Luke pressed a kiss to my lips that I could accept. Once Luke put me back down on my feet I was somewhat crying and breathed heavily. My anxiety of what just happend came back to me within seconds. Luke scanned my body and looked beyond concerned.

"Danielle?" He took me back inside and slowly closed the door behind him. "What happened to your face, your legs and-" Luke turned his head to Ashton slightly crying and yelling on the kitchen floor. Ashton's thigh had made a pool of blood, surrounding him. Luke's bright blue orbs widened as his mouth hung open. He glanced back and forth at my damaged, bruised body and Ashton with a knife stuck in his thigh; bleeding uncontrollably.

"SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!" Luke demanded. The rate of my heart rapidly increased. The thumping of my heart beated so intensively fast I could feel myself slowly having the urge to pass out.

"ASH, UM...UH HE-"

"WHAT, DANI WHAT?" Less oxygen was getting to my brain from hyperventilating and and breaking into a sob as I spoke. Once I finally caught my breath I told Luke every single detail of what happened between me and Ash. The look on Luke's face was unexplainable. I couldn't tell if he was angry, upset with us or terrified at the moment.

"I'm so sorry..." I sighed, my lips still shivered from the nerves taking over my body. Taking me by surprise, Luke pulled me into a hug. He planted a kiss to my forehead as he rubbed circles on my back with his large, warm hands.

"You don't have to apologies for anything..." Luke's bright blue orbs darkened as he glanced over at Ash still grunting and gritting his teeth from the throbbing pain in his thigh. "He does..." Luke stomped towards Ashton and bent down beside him.

Luke's P.O.V

I was beyond furious with what Ashton had done to Danielle at this point. Danielle did do the right thing to protect herself but seeing Ash in this much pain, pained me as well. Without warning I yanked the knife from Ashton's thigh, causing him to sit up straight and groan.

"APOLOGIES...NOW!" I threatened to stab him with the knife once more if he didn't.

"Okay, okay..." Ash glanced up at Danielle, clenching his uncontrollable bleeding thigh. "I'm so sorry!" Danielle crossed her arms, not believing of his apology quite yet.

"I'm sorry, really I am. I'm so sorry with interfering with you and Luke." Ashton's green orbs became glossy. Danielle uncrossed her arms and nodded her head, accepting his apology.

Danielle's P.O.V

The door flew open, startling me.

"Dani! I'm ho-" Andrea dropped her bags of groceries, scattering all over the floor. "Wha...who? How?"

"Please take Ash to the hospital!" I panicked.

"But-"

"Ask questions later, Andrea he's bleeding to death!" Luke and Andrea helped Ash to his feel and limped with Andrea out the door, leaving her mortified with Ashton. I deeply sighed and leaned into Luke's chest. He sat me down on the couch and pressed the ice pack to my bruised legs. I breathed in quickly from the cold pain, gritting my teeth.

"Oh, sorry babe." Luke frowned.

"It's alright." I sank into the couch. I looked up at Luke's face and glanced at him for what felt like 2 minutes, scanning every single detail of him. He was absolutely outstanding. I couldn't find one flaw in this boy. His dirty blonde hair was quiffed up, his lip piercing cornered the corner of his lips as we smiled. Luke's bright blue orbs caught my gaze.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He slightly giggled. I thought for a moment.

"Why me?" I asked. Why would Luke choose to be with someone like me? It didn't make sense.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you choose to be with me out of all people?"

"Didn't you ask me this before?"

"Yeah, but I don't get it! You could be with a gorgeous, fit super model with the perfect features and the perfect life, but you're with me...a girl with scars, mental illnesses and is highly insecure. Why is that?" I wasn't holding anything back. I needed answers. Luke entwined his fingers in mine.

"I've always wanted...needed someone like you." My eyebrows narrowed in, confused. "Someone that would love me for me and not my money or my looks." I nodded. I could care less about Luke's money and sure he was pretty attractive but that didn't phase me much.

"...And that someone is you and I couldn't be happier regardless of your scars, mental illnesses and insecurities. I want to teach you what it's like to live and love again. I only want what's best for you.." Luke's smile was so contagious, causing me to smile as well.

All I could hear from the silence of the room was Luke clicking his teeth against his lip piercing.

"I love you, okay?" He pressed his forehead to mine.

"I love you too." I brushed my lips over his and placed a kiss to his soft pink lips. Luke's touch, Luke's kiss were the only ones I could ever accept.