Chapter 12 - Give Me Love

Luke's P.O.V

I held Danielle's cold, lifeless body in my arms as I sobbed into the crook of her neck. I couldn't feel the beat of her heart, nor the warmth of her breath again.

"This is all my fault." I said to myself, feeling nothing but guilty. I shouldn't even of let Aleisha touch me. I broke Danielle's heart...I broke her.

"Luke?" Ashton peeked his head in the door along with the other guys. They froze as their mouths parted. "No way..." Said Ashton under his breath.

"Is she?-" I nodded my head before Calum could finish.

"No..." Ashton walked back and forth around the room with his hands running through his hair. "NO!" He clenched his fist tightly and punched the wall. Why did Ashton seem this upset?

Ashton's P.O.V

My heart raced as I rushed my way back into Danielle's hospital room.

"Dani?" I whispered as I peeked my head in the door and saw Luke pressing kisses to Danielle's forehead. My heart dropped to my stomach, making me feel sick. I immediately shut the door. 

I've accidently developed strong feelings for Danielle. I can't feel this way for her, but I couldn't stop myself. I was heartbroken and jealous that Luke has the perfect girl right at his fingertips and lost her. I've never seen Luke so scared, so caring and so happy over a girl before. Dani was special. Luke loved her for all that she was. He loves every aspect of her that she has grown to hate. Luke expects Danielle for who she is. Her cuts don't mean she's crazy, those cuts are from a worrier that has been fighting a battle. The problem is that I love Dani like Luke loves Dani. Luke, Danielle, and the guys cannot find out no matter how much it hurts. I can't destroy something so precious of Luke's.

Luke's P.O.V

"I'm so sorry, Luke." Calum patted my back. I took a deep breath and wiped the stream of tears running down my rosy cheeks with my sleeve, placing Danielle's body onto the bed.

"Dude, we can still save her!" Michael's face lit up.

"What? How?- She's dead!" We can't save her now...it's too late.

"I'll be right back."

"Where are you go-" Michael rushed out of the room mid-sentence. I look over at Ash bursting into a deep sob, staring out the window. I swing my arm over his shoulder and sat him down in a car.

"Hey bud, how are you this upset?" I asked. Ash and Danielle weren't that close. To see him so upset confused me. Ashton's words are suddenly hard to speak. His hazel, green orbs now red looked up at me full of hurt.

"EXCUSE ME, EXCUSE ME!" I heard multiple people marching down the hall, quickly. "WE NEED EVERYONE TO EVACUATE THIS ROOM IMMEDIATELY!" Four doctors and Michael barged into the room with shockers. Are they going to shock her? I raised an eyebrow. Ashton and Calum jumped, not expecting any of this to happen. As the guys evacuated the room I didn't budge from Danielle's side.

"Are you this woman's boyfriend, friend, brother?" The doctor seemed concerned.

"Um, b-boyfriend." I was...

"Alright, you can stay. But please stand in the far corner." The doctor pointed. I nodded my head and did what they commanded. I could feel the beat of my heart picking up speed as I watched the doctors hook up more machines to Danielle's dead body. A doctor held a shocker above Danielle's chest, waiting for the others.