Chapter 17 - Reunite

Ashton's P.O.V

I woke up at 9AM, usually always the first one up. I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs to make myself something to eat. At the corner of my eye something caught my attention. There was a blue sticky note on the fridge. I yanked it off and read.

"Dear Luke,

I'm so sorry to leave this way, but I feel like I need to go back home for a while. I don't know how long I'll be, but I need to visit my sister. I miss her. She's the only family I've got left and I need to catch up with her. I hope you understand. Thank you for everything you've done for me. I believe I'll be taking the bus to the airport. I love you so much and if you need anything call my home phone number.

Love,

Danielle :) xx"

My heart collapsed to my the pit of my stomach. Should I let Luke know? I shook my head no and had a better idea in mind. I quietly went back upstairs, not even second - guessing my idea and packed my backpack with a couple T-shirts and shorts. I swung it over my shoulder and peeked my head in the door of Luke's room, seeing him sound asleep.

"I'm sorry, man." I whispered and shut the door behind me. Now, off to the airport. I smirked to myself.

Luke's P.O.V

My eyes were shut, but I was awake. I groaned, rubbing my eyelids. My long arm reached for the space beside me, expecting to pull a warm body next to my but nothing was there. My blue orbs shot open as I sat up straight and glanced around the room to nothing but an empty bed space next to me. I jumped out of bed and quickly slipped on a tank top and black jeans.

"DANIELLE!!!" I shouted as a ran down the stairs. I shouted her name again, looking around the kitchen to finding a blue sticky note left on the counter. I read the note as my heart pounded harder and faster by the second. I walked back and forth and in circles, running my long fingers through my hair.

"GUYS!" I yelled from the bottom of the stairs. In about 2 minutes Calum and Michael came rushing down the stairs in their boxers. Ashton didn't show up.

"What's the problem?!" Said Calum, rubbing his eyes as he yawned.

"Where's Ash?" Michael could barely open his tired eyes. My eyebrow raised. Danielle is gone...and so is Ash.

"No way..." I collapsed to the floor with my knees to my chest as I held my face in my hands Before the guys could say anything else I told them to read the note on the counter. They then realized what has happened.

"Ashton..." Hesitated Michael.

"He went after Danielle." Finished Calum. "Luke, what are you doing?! You need to get to her before Ash does!" I had the urge to sob but held myself together.

"I TOLD ASHTON TO BACK OFF!" I stood up. The veins in my neck appeared as I panicked even more. The rush of anger raised up my body.

"Go get her Luke! What the hell are you doing?!" Michael seemed concerned for me and for Danielle as well. I nodded my head and gave them both a hug, leaving them worried not only for me but for Danielle and Ash.

Danielle's P.O.V

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the door to my sister's apartment. I haven't been her in months. All the memories and last moments I had with Andrea all came back into my mind. I snapped out of it and turned the handle of the door that just happened to be open. I shut the door behind me to dead silence. The silence in the room allowed me to hear the beat of my heart, thump nervously. I walked down the hall and into the living room to Andrea holding a picture frame of us two ages ago.