Chapter 8 - The Ex Vision

I scanned Luke's body, looking down his abs to his V line. Damn, he's hot. I laid on the bed with the support of my elbows. Luke smirked, knowing I liked what I saw. I shook my head and glanced elsewhere.

"You wouldn't believe me..." I wiggled my toes to keep my gaze off him.

"Yes, I will. C'mon, tell me."

"Alright, you're gonna think I'm crazy." I patted the bed space next to me, telling him to sit. Luke sat down next to me only in his towel. "Look at me and stay still." I cupped his face, holding it in place so his pupil was connected with mine.

"Um...okay." Luke nervously chuckled.

"Now, think of something really hard." He nodded his head. We sat there for what felt like a minute, staring into each other's orbs.

"Liz...Liz Hemmings. Is that your mom? You miss her, don't you?" Luke pulled away and gasped, covering his open mouth with his hand.

"Yeah...how d-did you...how do you know?"

"My mom and I discovered I had this ability, which is to hear people's thoughts if I made eye contact with them. I was 5 years old and just tonight it started to come back..." I couldn't believe it myself.

"Oh my God! Do it again." Luke was amused. I giggled.

"Wait, you don't think I'm crazy?"

"No way! I think you're amazing." He turned my head to face him. "Do it again!"

"Alright, alright! Think of something." We made eye contact once again.

"Who's Aleisha?" I saw an image of a blonde, blue-eyed girl.

"She-she's my ex..." Luke was confused.

"Holy shit...what the fu-" I ran my hand through my hair, keeping it out of my face.

"What is it?"

"I didn't know I could do that..."

"Do wha-"

"Hear other people's thoughts that are somehow connected to that person." The beat of my heart picked up speed, shocked with myself.

"Well, what is she thinking about?" Luke got off the bed, entering the restroom. "Dani?" He came out in his boxers and stood there, narrowing his eyebrows down at me. I peered up at him and focused on Luke's wide pupil.

"She wants you back?" I questioned myself. "She wants to find out where you are and-"

"Whoa, what? No, no, no!"

"Oh yes, Luke she's coming..." Luke and I stared at each other, not knowing what to do.

***

Aleisha's P.O.V

"LUKE!!!"I marched down the hallway of the hotel. "I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!" I pounded each door three times with an open palm.

"YOU BETTER OPEN UP, LUKE!" I stood in the middle of the hallway, crossing my arms and tapping my heels on the floor.

Luke's P.O.V

"Dani was right?!" I was once again astounded. I held the nob of the door and leaned against it, having flashbacks of when me and Aleisha were together. She was my first girlfriend and we got along really well, but we had to call it quits caused by the band. Why is she here now? What does she want?

"LUKE YOU BETTER OPEN UP!"

"Ugh," I grunted and opened the door and saw Aleisha standing in the middle of the hallway facing the other way. She immediately spun around, from the sound of the door opening. Aleisha looked so different. Her short blonde hair was now long, just past her elbows. She wore red lipstick, making it stand out from her pale face. Her bright blue orbs held a strong gaze on me.

"Luke?" She mouthed, jogging over to me.

"What are you doing he-" Aleisha cut me off as her lips smashed into mine. I gasped, taken by surprise. Before I could push her away she jumps and wraps her legs around my waist while kissing my lips, full force.

Danielle's P.O.V

I was out buying a few things that Luke, the guys and I needed some money Luke lent me. I climbed the stairs of the hotel with the shopping bags in both hands. As I made it up on our level I could see what seemed like two people making out in the middle of the hallway. As I got closer the image of the two soon became clear. I dropped my bags, stunned with hurt.

"No...no, no!" I whimpered, covering my open mouth with my hand; a stream of tears rushed down my face.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I should have known. I should have known this was going to happen. Luke pushed Aleisha off of him, causing her to back into the wall roughly.

"It's not what it looks like-"

"I know exactly what it looks like..." I sharply turned around and began to run.

"DANIELLE! COME BACK." I ignored Luke and forced my legs to run faster, no matter how much it hurt.

"DANIELLE!" I could hear Luke catching up to me. As I ran faster down the halls there were sculptures and flower vases outside the doors on short side tables. I yanked the vases and sculptures off the tables and threw them behind me, trying to get rid of Luke, possibly hurting the boy I once loved...

"OUCH, DANIELLE STOP!" I didn't listen.

"GO AWAY!" I cried, bursting out the hotel doors. My heart pounded out of my chest, making it hard to breathe from almost outrunning Luke and sobbing extensively. I leaned against the glass window outside the hotel to catch my breath.

"Dani stop!" Luke caught up with me, also out of breath with a bloody cut through his jeans from the vases.

"You hurt me..." I looked up at him in disappointed.

"And you cut me!" Luke snapped. Anger washed through my body. I pulled up the sleeves of my shirt and put my wrists up to his face. Luke's facial expression changed drastically from anger to full of sorrow.

"DON'T...EVER pout about just a little fucking cut!" No one knows what real pain is until you do harm to yourself. "LOOK AT MY WRISTS LUKE! LOOK AT THEM. THOSE CUTS ARE DEEPER AND FIVE TIMES MORE PAINFUL THAN THAT PIECE OF SHIT." I cried, yelling in his face. I put my wrists down and stomped away.

"Dani stop!" Luke's voice slowly faded. I roughly turned around.

"NO LUKE, YOU STOP. I TRUSTED YOU. I LOVED YOU. I THOUGHT YOU ACTUALLY GAVE A SHIT ABOUT ME. " I sighed, taking a deep breath.

"I did, just let me expl-"

"BUT NO! NO ONE EVER GIVES A SHIT. PEOPLE USE ME...THEY COME AND GO..." I wiped away my tears with my sleeve and sniffed. "This is why I can't have good things, Luke. Just when I think I'm getting better I get worse..." The built up tears in my orbs began to block my vision, making it blurry.

"Dani..." I ignored Luke once again, facing my back towards him and walked away.