chapter 83

As everyone stood outside praying and consoling each other they saw the doctor coming out all tired.

And everyone rushed to his side enquiring about the condition of the patient.

Nandini had just come back after attending her phone call only to hear the doctor say, “...”.

She had become numb. Her face stained with tears, was a pure form of anger while Arya had still the guilt which he shouldn't have had. It had been difficult consoling arya who had been continually blaming himself for abhi’s accident.

Mukti and Navya broke down completely while cabir tried to console his wife and sister. Alya dhruv and manik slumped down on the floor with the wall as support.

They were having a day filled with shocks. First about the accident that it was abhi n not arya in the car, then abhi being nandini’s brother was like a big surprise and the fact that mukti, navya and cabir knew about it was what made it worse and now the doctor’s words.

Everything was too much to digest for them suddenly.

And Mr and Mrs. Oberio, hearing the doctor’s words had lost it and burst in tears.

Doctor:- *distressed and scared* Am sorry to say that Mr. Abhimanyu is still in a critical stage. We have done everything that is possible in medical science but he doesn’t seem to respond. Unke taraf se se koi response he nai aa raha. Aur aise cases me jab tak patients respond nai karte to our treatment it becomes very difficult for us too. Iss waqt, only a miracle can save him. Aap dua kare ki unhe jald se jald hosh aaye warna am sorry par…..”

He didn’t get a chance to complete as Arya got so impulsive that he clutched the doctor's collar in a death grip and yelled on top his voice “You bloody!!! How dare you say that he is not responding?? He will respond. He has to respond. You hear me??? Nothing will happen to him do you hear me nothing will happen!!”

Looking here n there he kept murmuring like a maniac “Kuch ni hoga..haa..nai hoga kuch use!! Ye sab mazak hai mujhe patha hai ye sab mazak hai!!!”

Everyone was in tears hearing the doctor’s words.

It was disheartening to see Arya The trustee in such a condition.

Manik, Cabir and Mr. Oberio went forward and helped the doctor come out of Arya’s death grip and made arya sit back on the chair while continuously rubbing his back. Arya just knelt his head on manik’s shoulders and cried.

Nandini just pushed manik away and jumped on arya and hugged tight while Arya was murmuring continuously “Kuch ni hoga..”.

Then she broke the hug and faced the doctor.

N: What do you mean to say?

Doc:- *scared* I-If the pa-patient doesn't respond or doesn't get conscious in next two hours then he could slip into a coma as this is a head injury and this has caused the brain to swell and may also have had a traumatic impact on the patient and once he slips in a coma it may also be possible that he may suffer from long-term brain damage and depending on the time he was in coma he will need extensive physical therapies to build up atrophied muscles and retain the body to perform simple tasks. Also, we cannot determine the time he remains in coma. It may be days, months or even years.  

Arya again like a wounded lion roared in anger and tried to reach the doctor.

Mr. Oberio and Cabir somehow held Arya in place while Nandini just nodded at the doctor and the doctor ran away for his life.

Coming back to arya Nandini faced him n said, “calm down Arya.”

Arya:- jaane kyu Diya uss haramkhor ko dekho na kya bakwas kar raha tha abhi ke baare me..aisa ni hai kuch bhi..wo uthega abhi uthega..apne saath khelega, hasega sab normal hai..kuch bhi bolta hai doctor…