6

The fox watches quietly as Taehee cleans his wounds. "Your wound is healing very quickly. A bit too quickly." Although she mumbled the last part, he could still hear her.

What does she mean by I'm healing a bit too quickly?

She sighs when she's done reapplying plasters on his wound and looks at him with a smile, "Come on. Let's have breakfast."

Jimin can feel his heartbeat accelerate at the word 'breakfast'. Without himself even noticing, he is already in the kitchen, waiting for Taehee. He cranes his neck to take a look at what's in his bowl as Taehee prepares it. There's blueberry, raspberry, chicken, and what he identified as eggs. She also prepared a bowl of warm milk for him.

After preparing his breakfast, she went onto preparing her own. She places her bowl and mug onto the dining table and sits down, ready to dig in when she notices Jimin staring at her on the floor.

He wants to eat with her on the dining table.

She didn't understand him at first, but after noticing how his eyes constantly shift between her and the table, the light bulb in her head lits up.

"You want to eat with me on the table?" The fox jolts up from his sitting position and nods his head vigorously. Taehee smiles at him and bends down to pick his bowls up, placing them onto the table right before hers.

Not wasting any more time --he had been holding himself back from devouring his food right away-- he jumps up the chair onto the table and looks at her, wagging his tail, asking for permission to dig in.

Taehee chuckles and nods, "Enjoy." He immediately lowers his head to eat.

Halfway through their breakfast, the doorbell rings, making Jimin look up from his food at Taehee, who had her eyebrows furrowed.

"Who could it be?" She mumbles to herself and leaves for the door. Jimin was about to continue with his food when a loud 'surprise!' followed by a 'Hobie?!' caught his attention.

He cocks his head to one side as he stares at the path that leads to the living room.

Not long after, an unfamiliar, laughing figure walks into the kitchen and freezes when he notices the fox on the table. The man's smile disappears as quickly as it appeared, and the color drained from his face.

They kept eye contact for a few seconds before Hoseok lets out a very high-pitched scream.

"AARRRGGGHHH!"

Taehee rushes over to the kitchen only to see a surprised fox standing up on the table and her best friend holding a frying pan with both hands, using it as a self-defense tool.

"Hobie-yah-"

"THERE'S A FOX IN YOUR KITCHEN! WHY IS THERE A FOX IN YOUR KITCHEN?!" Hoseok snaps his head towards her and starts backing off as Jimin jumps down from the table and slowly walks towards him with curious eyes.

"Hobie, calm down! He's-"

"AARRGHHHHH! HE'S WALKING TOWARDS ME! NO NO NO! GO AWAY!"

"AISH JIMIN! STOP IT! GET OVER HERE!" Jimin turns his head over to Taehee, who is clearly frustrated at the current situation, and lowers his head as he walks over to her and sits down before her.

Hoseok looks at her, the look of horror still plastered on his face, "What is going on right now?"

__

"So you're saying that you're keeping that fox?!" Hoseok shouts after he lets everything Taehee told him sink in. "Yah Song Taehee! Have you finally lost your mind?!"

Taehee looks at Hoseok with a pout. She knew that Hoseok's not going to accept the fox. He's a wild animal, after all.

"I know this sounds crazy, but please let me keep him. At least until his wounds heal." Hoseok huffs as he sits back on the couch, his elbows resting on his knees.

"But he might be dangerous, Taehee. What if one day he goes crazy and starts attacking you? What if he carries some kind of deadly disease?"

She knows very well that the man has a point, but she just couldn't leave the fox alone --especially when he keeps capturing her heart with his cuteness.

"I know you probably wouldn't believe this, but I'm going to tell you anyways. Jimin... He understands Korean." Hoseok blinks at her. "What?"

"He understands us. If you don't believe me, I can even prove it to you." She looks over at Jimin, who is staring back at her in his basket.

"Fine. Go on. Prove it to me." Hoseok says as he pulls his legs to his chest on the couch, still a little scared of the fox.

Taehee smiles at him and calls out to Jimin, asking him to come over --which he happily complied.

The fox sits down beside the coffee table near Taehee with his ears perked, ready to hear what she has to say. "Jimin, this is Hoseok. He is my best friend, and he came here for a surprise visit."

Jimin turns to look at Hoseok as he wags his tail. "Now, Jimin. Go shake paws with Hoseok." She looks at Hoseok hopefully, who looks back at her with a horrified expression.

Jimin follows her request and jumps up onto the coffee table. Reaching his paw out, he waits for the man to do the same. Hoseok breaks into cold sweat as he stares at the animal before him. Never in his life has he been so awfully close to a wild animal, and this made him extremely nervous and scared.

He stares at the fox who is staring back at him, then looks up at Taehee hopelessly. Even when she tries to assure him by nodding and smiling, he is terrified.

In the end, he decided to just shake hands/paws and get this over with. He slowly reaches out his shaking hand and holds Jimin's paw, gently shaking it with his eyes sealed shut tightly.

When he lets go, he slowly opens his eyes and heaves a sigh of relief when the fox didn't pounce on him, but rather, he sticks his tongue out and wags his tail.

Taehee grins at her best friend who had calmed down a little.

"Is that convincing enough?"

A/N

I KNOW I KNOW. IM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS NOT AS ENTERTAINING.

I promise next chapter will be better than this one 😢