16

Jimin twists and turns around on Taehee's bed, his body covered with the huge blanket as she works on her new book at her study table.

He is bored out of his mind since the boys are busy working on their music and had ushered him out of their room.

His original plan of staying quiet and obedient is now abandoned as he starts whining, desperately trying to gain her attention.

Taehee groans and turns on her chair, frustrated at the thought of not being able to submit her draft on time. She sends glares to the sulking fox, who has his ears drooped as he lays back down on the bed and quietly looks at her with his glassy eyes.

Taehee is conflicted, but she really can't slack off anymore. She sighs and looks at Jimin again with a soft look, "Jimin-ah, I really can't play around until I finish my work. I promise I'll be right back with you once I complete this, okay?"

Jimin nods. He's just glad that she isn't mad. He continues watching her work until a familiar sound tingles his eardrums.

The piano.

With the speed of light, he jumps out of bed and darts downstairs towards it.

Sitting there on the slightly worn out piano stool is Yoongi, who is drunken by his own playing. He had his eyes closed, his body swaying slightly at the rhythm.

Jimin paces over and lays down beside the stool. Each key and note seem to have formed a black hole, sucking him in, engulfing him.

He was lost as he melted into the music.

Yoongi's playing is perpetual, not allowing his fingers to rest for even a second.

Jimin had only realized that he had been there for a while when he felt his paws slowly getting numb, screaming for more blood to flow through. He shifts a little but doesn't move away from where he sat.

"Want a duet?"

A voice comes from behind, making Yoongi stop playing and turn around. Taehee grins at him and raises an eyebrow while she motioned piano playing with her fingers.

Yoongi playfully smugs at her and shrugs, "Well, depends on whether you can keep up with me or not."

She scoffs and moves over to sit down beside him, resting her fingers on the higher keys.

"Don't you dare underestimate me, turtle."

Jimin cocks his head to one side as he watches the two.

What are they doing?

Then, the music created by the two shuts his line of thoughts off. How the two playings perfectly merged into one made it even more beautiful, complete, mesmerizing.

But soon as Jimin stares at Yoongi, admiration turns into jealousy and envy.

If I am a human, I would've been the one playing with her now. If only I am.

"Hyung-"

Just then, Jungkook comes out of the room to inform his hyung about the task he asked them to do.

He stops dead in his track and watches as the two plays in perfect synchronization. He feels the muscles in his chest tighten, all of a sudden, it felt harder to breathe.

He swiftly turns on his heels and walks back into the room. Hoseok and Taehyung eye him as he plops down in his seat with a loud thud.

"Jungkook-"
"Hyung, I think you should go instead."
"Oh... okay."

Taehyung hesitantly stands up from his seat and walks out of the room, making eye contact with Hoseok on his way.

The older male didn't say anything as he eyes the younger.

Seeing how the boy pokes the insides of his cheek with his tongue, being his usual caring self, Hoseok knows that he must've been jealous of his hyung again.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the two clueless best friends of his.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook. Are you jealous of Yoongi hyung again?" He asks as he cocks one of his eyebrows.

The younger's eyes widen as he waves his hands frantically in denial.

"What? No! Oh, no no no! Why would I be jealous? I-I mean, they're just having a duet, right? There's nothing to be jealous of!" His heart rate increases, face turns as red as a tomato, and he is sweating as if he just came out from the shower.

Hoseok smirks at him as he inches closer. "So... You're admitting at you were jealous?" Emphasizing the 'were', he teases.

Jungkook is dumbfounded. He stares at his hyung nervously as he tries to come up with some excuse, but none came to his mind.

Just admit it, you wimp.

"Fine. Yes, hyung... I like her, a lot." He mumbles, head down, shoulders slumped as if admitting defeat. However, the words that Hoseok calmly says next makes his eyes widen and jaw drop.

"I know that."
"W-what? How?!"

"You're too obvious, Jungkook. Who stares at a person they don't like twenty-four seven and secretly puts chocolate milk in their mailbox every morning?" He laughs. He found Jungkook's reaction amusing, but the fact that they had a secret crush on each other amused him even more.

"Jungkook-ah. Let me tell you something. Yoongi hyung sees Taehee as nothing more than a close friend. You have a very high chance,

so you better man up and tell her."