11

The next morning, Jungkook appeared at the doorway of her house with a backpack slung over his shoulder and a duffel bag beside him on the wooden floor.

Without any hesitation, he gives Hoseok a big hug the second he saw him. He backs away when Hoseok claims that he couldn't breathe, that's when he notices the girl who awkwardly stood beside Hoseok.

Should I hug her? He debates. But then decides against it thinking that she may be uncomfortable with the idea. He ended up giving her a playful grin --which made her heart thump loudly against her chest. So loudly that she was afraid that anyone would hear her.

Jimin did. He stands behind her and wonders what made her so nervous.

Danger? The first word that came into his mind. Through all his years of living, from the moment he was born to the moment his human picked him up from the empty den, and to this very moment, he had learned that nervousness came from fear.

Danger.

He starts growling, eyes not leaving the opened door with Hoseok and Taehee blocking the view of the new human as he slightly arches his back in awareness. The fresh scent of ocean spray goes through his nostrils, a smell coming from the human.

He lashes on Jungkook almost as soon as the man steps through the door, leaving some claw marks on his arm. Taehee had to pull the fox away for him to stop whatever he's trying to do --screaming at him doesn't really work, apparently.

Jungkook was too shocked and dumbfounded by the presence of the creature to even react. He stares, wide-eyed, as Taehee picks the fox up and brings him into what he assumed to be the kitchen.

He slowly turns to look at the older man standing beside him. The man's eyes are slightly wavering as they're set on the kitchen, and goosebumps are visible on his exposed arm.

"H-hyung... W-what- " 

"Taehee will explain it to you later. Come on now, let's get your arm wrapped up." Hoseok shakes his head and gestures for his dongsaeng to follow him.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, after Taehee sets the guilty fox on the countertop, she glares at him with disappointment written all over her face. Jimin recognizes the look on her face and lowers his head to show that he understands what he had done was wrong.

"Why did you do that?" Taehee asks as she looks into his eyes, shame and sadness evident in them.

He whimpers and does what he always does best, ears drooping, puppy eyes on as he looks up at her, begging for forgiveness and hoping that she wouldn't kick him out of the house.

Taehee's expression softens. Even though she doesn't quite understand why the fox attacked, she presumes that he meant well.

"Jungkook is a friend, okay? Please try to get along with him? For me?" Jimin springs up excitedly at her words, seeing that he is forgiven, he nods his head.

Taehee smiles at him and pats him on his head before heading towards the living room to check on Jungkook. She stops halfway, however,

"Oh. And also, no beef and chicken for you tonight as a punishment."

__

Jungkook eyes the gloomy fox who is in his basket, napping, as Taehee tells him about how she found Jimin just a few days ago. He shifts around in his seat, feeling slightly disturbed by the presence of a wild animal in the room.

"Are you okay, Jungkook?" Hoseok asks as he places a hand on the younger's shoulder, obviously worried about what he felt about the fox.

Jungkook slowly nods his head, shifting his gaze from Hoseok to Taehee. He doesn't know exactly how to react to this situation. It's not every day that your friend tells you about how she found a fox and decides to keep it.

Taehee sighs, she knew the male well enough to know that he probably won't be able to comprehend this whole 'fox thing'. After reassuring him for the last time, she escorts him to her other available guess room --assuming that he is tired after a long journey-- and asks him to rest.

"How's he holding up?" Hoseok asks as he sat beside Jimin and starts stroking his soft fur. She sits down in front of Hoseok, grunting a little in the process,

"I'm not sure. He'll probably feel better after he gets some rest." Hoseok nods and turns his attention to the fox under his palm.

"Taehee-yah... You know, I have to go back to work after three more days. The manager just texted me." She froze at the thought of having to be alone in the same house with another man, her crush at that. The awkwardness is going to kill her.

"What?! You can't just leave me with a man alone like that!" She half whisper, half yell at him.

When he unexpectedly starts smirking, she gets slightly annoyed and starts hitting him.

"Okay okay! Don't worry, I'll figure something out!" He laughs, earning himself another glare from her.

"You better, horse face."

__

Jungkook stretches as he wakes up from his short one hour nap. He swings his legs over the bed and lets them dangle as he takes a glance at the clock on the wall.

1.27pm

After changing into some more comfortable clothes, he goes over the door and opens it.

Jimin almost scared the devil out of the brunette as he sat before the door of the newly discovered guestroom. After the clawing incident, it's only natural for Jungkook to be scared of the fox, but Jimin is determined to gain his trust no matter what.

He slowly inches forward towards the man as he does the opposite and steps back.

Jungkook starts breaking into cold sweat. This isn't his usual fearless self. He doesn't know why the stares of the fox can make him stand frozen to the ground.

He stops, his back against the wall and window behind him. Jimin sits down before him, his eyes never left his. He starts wagging his tail and sticks his tongue out, showing the human that he meant no harm.

Jungkook maintains his eye contact with the fox for a while before mustering the courage to bend down. He slowly reaches his hand out to pat the fox on his head hesitantly, and of course, Jimin lets him do so.

Jungkook's tensed up muscles slowly start to relax as he sees how Jimin was enjoying his company,

"Let's get along well, Jimin-ah.