26

Jimin feels the shifting of the body beside him and opens his eyes, only to see Taehee sitting up, rubbing her tired eyes as she yawns.

"What time is it?" She mumbles to herself and turns to take a look at the grandfather's clock near the stairs.

10:47

"Oh, it's late. Come on, Jiminie, we should get ready for bed." The fox nods at her and jumps off the couch for her to stand. He silently follows her up the stairs, into her room and her bathroom. He sits and watches her as she brushes her teeth and washes her face. 

Many thoughts ran through his mind. How will it be like without her? No more Taehee's warmth. No more Taehee's love. No more the feeling of home.

Honestly, he doesn't think he can survive.

He is so used to the warm feeling of this house now. Out there in the forest, it was nothing but cold and loneliness.

He doesn't like it. He doesn't like it at all.

Once Taehee is happy with her oral cleanliness, she exits the bathroom with Jimin trailing behind her. When she opens her closet, Jimin automatically turns around, knowing that she would feel uncomfortable with him staring.

To her 'okay, done', he turns back around and jumps into bed, burying himself under the warm blanket. He knows damn well that he's gonna miss this bed too.

Taehee slips in beside him after she's done applying moisturizer on her face. And out of habit, she opens her arms and lets Jimin climb into the comfort of her embrace.

"Jimin-ah... About today... I just wanna let you know that you shouldn't feel guilty. I thought about it, and I think if your family wants you back, I have to let you go. I-I mean, I don't want to. But family always comes first. You can go back if you want to, Jiminie. I won't stop you." She mumbles against his head as she hugs him close. The pain is there again, in Jimin's chest. This time, it's unbearable.

He wants to be able to talk, so he could tell her many things he'll never able to say.

No. I don't want to leave.

I don't want to go.

My own blood only hurts me.

She's not my family.

You are.

Only you and the boys.

I love this place.

This house.