27

Taehee woke up to coldness in her arms the next morning. She frowns in confusion because Jimin would usually continue sleeping even after she finishes showering. Then, it hits her. The memory of last night when she told him that he can leave and that she wouldn't stop him.

She stumbles out of bed and rushes out of her room to search for him. Running through the whole house while calling out his name, she desperately tries to find him, but to no avail. She even checked outside of the house.

Defeated, she sinks onto her sofa and lies down, covering her face with a pillow. 

"Taehee? What's wrong? Are you okay?" A deep, hoarse voice calls out later as a hand rests on her shoulder. She feels a slight shift of the sofa caused by weight but didn't move.

"Taehee-yah..." Slowly, she moves the pillow down to her chest and hugs it, her eyes on the boy. His eyes are only half open, and his hair is a huge mess. He cups his mouth as he yawns before looking at her again, his dark brown orbs laced with concern.

"J-Jimin... he left..." Her voice is gloomy, and her eyes are sad but not wet. Taehyung gives her a questioning look and looks around the living room before landing his eyes on her again.

"What do you mean Jimin left? Where did he go?" Her hold around the pillow tightens, just like how her chest tightened as the thoughts of never being able to see the fox she loves again comes to her mind.

"He left... I told him last night that if he needs to go, I won't hold him back. And when I woke up this morning, he wasn't by my side anymore. He's gone home, oppa..." Hearing the news, sadness washes over Taehyung. He had always liked the fox. Things would definitely be different without Jimin's company.

He sits her up and wraps his arms around her, knowing she would need some consoling.

"It'll be okay, Taehee-yah... He's with his family now; that's where he belongs. That's where he should be. With his family. We should be happy for him, hm?" Taehee nods into his shoulder and hugs him back, letting the warmth radiated from his body console her.

Just then, Jungkook walks out of the shared bedroom into the living room while rubbing one of his eyes. He stands frozen when his eyes land on the two. Taehyung notices him and silently puts his index finger over his lips.

Jungkook only frowns as jealousy burns in his heart.

What the actually banana? I knew that alien hyung has some tricks up his sleeves. Better watch out now.

Ding Dong

The doorbell rings, signaling the arrival of a guest. "I'll go get it!" Taehyung lets go of her and light jogs to the door. He opens it, only to have a loud "I'm here, children!" shouted right at his face.

"Jin hyung! I need to talk to you!" He says and pulls the protesting older male back out of the house.

Jungkook took the chance to slip onto the space beside Taehee, only to see how saddened she is. A frown creeps onto his face at her expression.

"Taehee...?" He moves his face closer to hers, "Why are you sad?"

She fakes a smile and waves it off, " I'm fine! I just woke up so I'm a bit tired." Of course, Jungkook didn't buy that. But he doesn't want to press on the topic either, so he just smiles at her, showing off his bunny teeth.

It did make Taehee feel slightly better. Just slightly.

"What's going on?" Another deep hoarse voice fills up their ears from behind. Yoongi had been woken up by the noise and had grumpily stormed out of the bedroom.  But seeing how Taehee is feeling down, he recomposed himself before approaching them.

"She's fine, hyung." Jungkook says and gives him a look, to which he understands and nods.

"Taehee-yah!" The front door swings open again, followed by Jin's cheerful voice. He goes straight up to her and pulls her up for a hug with Taehyung following behind.

"Oppa..." She hugs him back.

"Hyung, don't we get a hug too?" Jungkook questions the older man, a cheeky grin spreads on his handsome features. The older only ignored him before sitting Taehee down, hands on both her shoulders as he looks into her eyes worriedly.

"Taehee-yah... are you okay? Tae told me about the fox." Taehee lets out a weak smile and nods at him.

"Jimin? He's gone?" Jungkook says and looks around the living room. "Is he gone for good now?" He asks, only to earn himself a slap on his arm from Jin.

"It's okay, oppa. I'm okay." Taehee reassures and sighs while she looks down on her lap.

"Okay. If you ever need someone to talk to, just remember oppa will always lend you a listening ear, and a shoulder to cry on. My shoulder is the best too, so that's a bonus for you!" Taehee chuckles at his comment on his broad shoulder before nodding at him, giving him a warm smile.

"Okay, now that that's settled, who's hungry?" The two other males immediately raise their hands in excitement,

"ME!"

__

After breakfast, Taehee sits down on the porch of her front door with a cup of tea in her hands as she stares at the forest ahead. Memories of when both she and Jimin had to stay in the forest for a night came to her mind.

It's so cold out there at night. Will Jimin be okay?

"Taehee-yah.." A voice comes from behind, making her turn around to meet the eyes of the man.

"Oh... oppa..." The man sits down beside her and looks at the forest ahead too. He heaves an audible sigh before turning to her again, holding out a box of freshly baked cookies.

"Have some. It's chocolate chip and vanilla. I just baked them, fresh out of the oven." Taehee politely declines and gives him a smile, to which he sighs again.

"You miss him, don't you?" He questions, looking at her who's still staring at the forest that only has a few streaks of light penetrated through it.

"Yeah..." She looks away from the forest down at the cup of tea she's holding, then slightly smiles.

"It's funny how I was so terrified of him when we first met, and I'm so fond of him now. I guess it's because he was always there for me when I'm lonely. I'm the one who told him that he could go, and I wouldn't stop him. And I meant every word I said. But... Why does it hurt so much, here?" She places her palm over where her heart is located and looks up at Jin, who is now looking at her with a pained expression.

She didn't realize she was crying until Jin reaches both his hands out to cup her face, wiping her tears off with his thumbs. She tried to contain her tears, and Jin noticed. He pulls her in and rests her head on his left shoulder before wrapping one of his arms around her back and gently stroke her hair with the other.

"It's okay, Taehee. You can cry. Cry it all out." That's when it hits her. The feeling where all you want to do is cry. Cry, and wilt away into the wind. Her shoulders shake, pools of tears fill up her eyes, and small whimpers left her lips. She holds onto Jin's shirt tightly and cries her heart out, not caring about being heard, not caring about how she would look, not caring about anything else. She just cried like there's no tomorrow.

That's the second time she cried for the fox.