23

Taehee woke up to warmth and weight on her lap and torso, her body aches from the awkward position she was sleeping in. She slowly opens her eyes to be greeted by a pair of glowing brown orbs staring right into her's. "Jimin?" She calls out, her morning voice low and hoarse.

The fox wags his tail excitedly, happy that she's finally awake and that he was able to save her from hypothermia. Her eyes widen when they land on his bloodstained fur on the side of his neck and lets out a gasp.

"Jimin, what happened?! Why-" She reaches her fingers out and lightly brushes them over his fur to reveal the claw marks. A pang of guilt hits her when the thought of him getting the mark because he tried to protect her comes to her mind. Sadness is evident on her features as she continues examining at the wound. She didn't notice how Jimin doesn't even feel the pain. Instead, he's looking up at her with so much love in his eyes.

It was all worth it.

"We should get going now. Come on, we need to get home and treat this before it gets infected." She pats his head gently and slowly stands up.

"You know the way around, right? Can you lead the way?" Jimin nods and beckons her to follow him. The morning is not any warmer than it is at night. She cups her mouth with her hands and huffs a breath of warmth, rubbing them against her arms to keep herself warm.

Jimin hears her huffings and stops. Realizing she still feels cold despite waking up, he turns and jumps slightly, leaning his front paws against her legs while looking up at her.

Taehee looks down at him with a questioning look, but soon understands what he wants. She bends down and picks him up, hugging him tightly against her chest. Her shivering calms down a little at his warmth and heartbeat as she continues walking.

The fox would poke his paws out at crossroads, guiding her while he snuggles up against her.

She walked for quite a distance before her arms grew tired and sore, and she had to put Jimin down and rest for a bit before moving on again. She doesn't know how long they've walked, but she desperately wants to get back to the house right then and right there. Her calve muscles screams for her to stop, and her arms burn in exhaustion.

Jimin feels bad and wants to jump off so he could walk on his own, but Taehee hugs him even tighter, preventing him from doing so.

Not long after, a familiar opening of the forest could be seen from a distance. A wide smile made its way onto her face, and she runs towards it, giving the fox in who is still in her arms a mini heart attack.

She runs through the opening, across the field; slowing down when she finally reaches home. Her eyes glisten with happy tears which soon rolls down her cheeks. Jimin was quick to lick it off before jumping off her arms.

They both enter the house and goes straight into the kitchen. "Stay put, Jimin. I'm going to get the first aid." She says before walking off.

Jimin jumps and props himself onto the dining table. He still feels guilty for letting Taehee carry him all the way home when he could've walked on his own. He made a mental note to himself to be sure to make it up to her.

"Ahh. The boys aren't back yet. Maybe we should go look for them after we eat something." She returns and goes straight onto cleaning his wound with an alcohol wipe, and Jimin watches her quietly. He is reminded of the time when he laid down on her doorstep during the storm. And she took him in even though she was scared of him.

She treated his wounds like this too. Gentle and light, as if she applied any more pressure, he would break and shatter like glass. He still remembers what she had mumbled to herself.

You're healing fast. A little too fast.

That still got him confused. Does she not want me to heal? His line of thoughts is soon broken off when Taehee chimes.

"Done! Come on, let's make some food!" The word 'food' caught his attention. It always does. He stands up immediately and wags his tail in excitement.

__

He watches and waits for Taehee to start eating before digging in himself. They're both famished after not eating for so long.

When they're halfway through their meal, a loud 'WE DON'T FREAKING HAVE THE KEY' comes from the front door.

Taehee immediately stands up and goes for it. She opens the door and gasps when the three boys come falling onto the floor.

But one particular boy caught her attention.

"Jungkook?! What happened? Why are you so pale?!" She crouches down and cups both his cheeks with her palms instinctively, making his pale cheeks go red in a matter of seconds.

"Omo, I think you have a fever! Come on, we need to get you guys fixed up. You all look horrible." She says and stands back up before helping the three to the sofa.

Jimin pokes his head out from the kitchen to see the three tired men. A wave of relieving washes over him.

I was afraid that they might not survive the night. Mother didn't find them after all.

Taehee comes rushing out of the kitchen with a small bucket of warm water and towels. She heads over to Jungkook -who is sitting in between Yoongi and Taehyung- and puts the cloth over his forehead, then presses her palm against his cheek to check his body temperature again.

Jimin lets out a low growl,

That coconut head. He still got no jams.

A/N: I've got no jams too. :'3