Epilogue

Jin crouches down beside Taehee in front of the new headstone made for Jimin. They had successfully escaped from the vixen and the wolves, but not without a few scratches here and there.

Taehee was the one who carried Jimin all the way here. Her arms were sore and her shirt is stained with blood, but she didn't bother cleaning herself up. Instead, she had brought him into the bathroom, finding ways to close up the wounds.

But it's all too late. Jimin's body was already lifeless, cold. 

Jin came into the bathroom afterward to stop her. He pulled her into a tight hug and as he promised, let her cry on his shoulder.

They carried Jimin's body out afterward and buried him near the woods. Taehee cried so much, her eyes are starting to hurt. But she still continued crying anyway.

She can't explain how or why, but somehow, Jimin's emotions and memories had been lingering inside her head. From when he was a kit, to the very last moment of his life. And Taehee cried not only for his death, but also for what he had been through.

He had a tough life, and he definitely doesn't deserve it.

She regrets how she told him he could leave. She hates herself so much for that. He had been so happy and content at her place, why does she have to ruin it all for him by saying such things?

She also regrets not showering him with more love and care. After all, all he did was to cheer her up, love her, and be with her. All the emotions in her are just too much for her to handle, causing her to faint on the spot. Jin ended up carrying her back to the house and taking care of her.

Jungkook and Taehyung were both so tired, they crashed on the couch as soon as they returned. Not to mention the passing of the fox, which caused a great grieving. Especially Taehyung, who had grown so fond of the fox. With his eyebrows furrowed and mind lingering on the scene of Jimin on the ground lifeless, he fell asleep.

Yoongi heard the noises and came out of his room, only to pick up an ironic smell that somewhat smells like blood. With his nose crunched, he makes his way to the bathroom only to see blood all over the floor. He was shocked of course, despite having a poker face on. He walks to the couch where Taehyung and Jungkook laid on.

"Yah, Kook. What's going on? Where's hyung and Taehee? Did you find Jimin?" the younger weakly smiled at how his hyung threw a bunch of questions at his face and shakes his head.

"We found him. But he's gone."

"What do you-"

"He died, hyung. He died saving us."

__

Taehee hasn't been talking much after Jimin's death. Not before Jimin appeared in her weirdly realistic dream. Like his usual self, he came running into her arms. She hugged him back, tears threatening to fall. And as soon as they did, Jimin disappeared again from her arms, leaving a single piece of note on the ground.

"I love you more when you smile."

She woke up with her face wet with both tears and sweat that morning. Her body was slightly shaking and her mind was racing with many many different thoughts. She stayed in her bed for a little while before she quickly stumbled out of her bed to her working desk.

Switching her laptop on, she wasted no time to start typing,

"Once upon a time, a fox loved a girl."

__

Jimin slowly opens his eyes a little, only to squint them again. The light before his eyes are so bright, he almost thought he's on the face of the sun. But slowly, the light seems to have deemed down into a soft glow.

When he can finally fully open his eyes again, he was greeted by a place mysterious to him. In a place with cloud-like ground and two huge opened gates that seemed to welcome him, Jimin can't help but get confused.

Where am I? Wasn't I... dead?

He takes slow steps past the opened gates into sudden nothingness, everything is white and foggy, causing fear to climb up in his chest. But he continues walking.

Slowly, the fogs fade away as he walks, leading him to a huge throne with a soft-glowing white silhouette of a man on it. Almost immediately, he lowers his head.

"You've made it, son." The man on the throne says, which only made Jimin even more nervous than he already is.

"I've been looking forward to seeing you, Jimin. The one and only fox that had ever loved a human so dearly." With his head still hung low, he silently and fearfully questions,

"A-are you... God...?" The man on the throne lets out a light chuckle.

"Yes, son. I am. Now, I usually don't meet with animals, but you here, are special. I have been observing you for a while now, and how you have a heart bigger than most creatures I have created caught my attention. I think you deserve a reward for that. You can ask for anything, as long as you don't have evil intentions."

"I can ask for... anything...? Anything I want?" Jimin slightly looks up, nervousness making his body shiver slightly.

"Yes. It's okay if you need some time to think, we have all the time we need."

"N-no. I know what I want. This is all I've ever wanted."

"And what would that be, son?"

"I want to be human."