21

Yoongi jerks awake again just as his head almost hits the ground. He groans and rubs his tired eyes as he slowly sits up properly. Noticing that the fire is dying out, he quickly reaches over to grab another branch and tosses it into the fire. He heaves a tired sigh and rubs his arms.

Cold.

He then looks to his side at Taehyung, who shifts uncomfortably with his own jacket covering only the lower half of his torso. The older male reaches out and pulls the jacket up to cover his shaking body.

"H-hyung... I want... warm... chocolate..." Taehyung mumbles in his sleep and shifts around again. "Lion... plushie... where..."

Yoongi scoffs at him and shakes his head, "What an idiot." He rubs his nape and twists his head around, hoping to ease the uncomfortable aching sensation of his muscles in his shoulder area. Scooting himself closer to the fire, he reaches his already numb hands out to warm them up, reaching into his pocket to pull his phone out soon after.

3.27 a.m.

"Two more hours till the sun comes up." He mumbles to himself and sighs. He pushes himself back to the tree and leans against it again,

"Better get some sleep before sunrise."

__

That's it. I'm probably gonna die here. Jungkook thought to himself as he hugs himself tighter.

It's really cold at night, and he doesn't know how to start a fire without a lighter. Now here he is, curled up into a ball, trying to stay warm and alive. No matter how hard he tries, he just couldn't stop shaking. He couldn't hypnotize himself to sleep either. So he just sat and stared into the darkness. The cold and hunger had stopped him from being able to think straight. All he wants now is for the sun to rise so he can keep moving.

Just when he thought things couldn't possibly get any worse, howling sounds are heard from a distance. It wasn't very near, but it wasn't very far either. He wasn't planning on moving until when growling sounds come dangerously close from his left.

He tries to stand. His legs are weak and wobbly and dizziness shot through him, but he knows well that if he doesn't run now, he would be in danger.

He stumbles his way further down the road, trying his best to be as quiet as possible. However, when the rustling sounds of the leaves from behind him get louder and louder, he panics and starts running. Even though his eyes had adjusted to the darkness, he still couldn't see very well. The hunger had weakened him too. But he continues running for his dear life while looking back simultaneously.

He had identified the creatures to be wolves. Now knowing that he stands no chance against them, he swiftly grabs onto a random tree and starts climbing. His arms and biceps scream and burn in exhaustion, but he doesn't stop until he is sitting on the firmest branch.

He takes his time to recover his breathing as he cranes his neck to look below. The pack of wolves has gathered around the tree. He groans silently and slams his head against the trunk behind him.

"Great. Just great."

__

Stay. Away. Jimin growls at the vixen, not leaving his defensive stance in front Taehee.

The vixen only found this situation amusing. Her one and only son, protecting the creature she despised the most.

Why are you protecting that nuisance? His mother's ice blue eyes pierce through his, making him shiver slightly until her gaze, but he doesn't back down.

When are you coming back to take my place as the leader? You need to stop wasting time. Jimin feels disgusted at the thought.

I don't want to. I told you so many times already, stop bothering me.

Do you dare to disobey me now?

Of all honesty, he is scared. Terrified, even. This is like messing with mafias. One wrong move and the whole gang would start chasing you until they make sure you're either dead or half dead. His mother is ruthless, cold-hearted, and merciless. She would do just about anything to get the authority of the forest  --including sacrificing her own son.

Taehee shifts a little in her sleep, making both the foxes more alert. As she reminded him, a fire flared up in the fox's heart. His urge to protect her now stronger as precious memories of them flashes through his mind again.

He stands up taller. His glare harden. The fear of his mother vanishes like dust being blown away by the wind.

She is mine to protect.

Back off, mother. I am not one of your pawns. I never was, I never will be. The vixen slowly inches closer to him, making him tense up even more and prepares himself to attack.

Look at what the humans have done to you. Are you on their side now? Her calmness turns into a storm in a manner of seconds, rage slowly builds up inside her like oil being poured on fire.

Pathetic. She skillfully pounces on Jimin and claws him across his neck, making him bounce back a little with a  yelp of pain. She was already gone when he fully recovers from the fright, leaving a menace behind that sends chills down his spine before she disappears.

I warned you.