7

Jimin is not happy.

He watches as the duo messes around with each other, the room filled with their laughter as the movie is left on, but definitely not watched by the two.

He dislikes the fact that she seems to only laugh like that with this guy whose face looks similar to a horse he was once friends with.

And he definitely hates the way she would occasionally caress his hair, and how she allows him to lay his head down on her lap.

Good Job, human. I hate you now.

He finally couldn't stand it anymore and starts whimpering to get their attention --to which he succeeded. Taehee turned around and 'aww'ed, cooing for him to come over. Hoseok narrows his eyes and shoots multiple glares at the fox.

I'm only accepting you because of Taehee.

The fox, however, is too busy trying to gain Taehee's attention to notice that Hoseok had already kicked him out of the house multiple times in his head. Jimin jumps onto the couch and lay across Taehee's lap, imitating Hoseok, and rubs his head against her stomach, wanting her to do the same thing she did for Hoseok.

PLEASE LOVE ME TOO.

Hoseok scoffs at the fox, "Yah. You're too much you know? I've already let you in the house and now you-"

Taehee didn't even look up at him as she shushes him and gently massages Jimin's head.

Hoseok continues glaring at the fox as he tries to come up with something to distract her, and it didn't take long for him to succeed.

"Taehee-yah! You told me you wanted to show me the rabbits! You're not planning on breaking your promise, are you?"

Taehee's eyes widen as she stands up; unintentionally dropping Jimin onto the floor, who later whimpers in pain.

"Aigoo! Jimin-ah, sorry!" She quickly bends down to pick the fox up and places him onto the couch before examining him.

"Are you okay?" The fox nods. He licks his paws and rubs his face clean with them before turning to glare at Hoseok.

Tch. What a jerk.

__

Taehee takes a deep breath and sighs as she walks across the field with Hoseok by her side. Her whole body relaxes as the comforting scent of the autumn breeze and flowers wash over her.

Hoseok however, feels slightly uncomfortable with all the bugs and the possibility of having a meet and greet with snakes.

"Taehee-yah, are you sure there are no snakes here?" He asks as he eyes Taehee, who only nods.

"Because I-I hate snakeu." Taehee chuckles at the way he said it. She's always amused by the way Hoseok talks about his fears.

"Maybe we should go back now since I've already shown you the rabbits." Taehee sighs as she stretches.

"Can we please keep one of the rabbits?" Hoseok attempts again. He had been begging her for the past half an hour after she showed him the family of rabbits, but failed miserably as Taehee's answer is always, "No. We have Jimin in the house. And no. I'm not kicking him out."

Hoseok pouts and had finally given up on the rabbits as he trails behind Taehee. When there's almost no noise, Taehee frowns and turns around to check on him.

"I bought some churros yesterday, and I have two jars of Nutella in my cupboard."

"REALLY?!" Hoseok's eyes lit up immediately at the holy word 'Nutella', and she secretly smirks. She knew the Nutella card works well with him.

"Of course! You can have as much as you want." She smiles at him, and he pumps his fits into the air.

"YES!"

__

She quickly unlocks her front door and didn't hesitate one bit before calling out,

"JIMINIE! I'M HOME!"

She stands by the door and waits for the fox to appear as Hoseok makes his way to her kitchen.

"Jimin?" She calls out again when she receives no response. "Jimin?!"

She frowns and starts walking around the house to look for him, stopping occasionally to try to catch the sound of his necklace.

But to no avail.

Unknowingly, a single tear rolls down her cheek as she frantically looks around for the fox she had grown so fond of over such a short period of time. 

"Jimin-ah!" 

Hoseok walks out of the kitchen with a spoonful of Nutella in his mouth.

"Taehee?" When his eyes met her teary ones, they widen as he drops whatever he's holding and rushes over to her.

"Taehee! What's wrong?!" He starts panicking when she actually cried, mainly because she rarely does.

Taehee is not the crybaby type of girl. She didn't even shed a single tear when her previous dog died, and here she is, bawling because of a fox she met only two days ago.

"W-where is h-he? Did h-he leave?" She asks as Hoseok wipes her tears away and pulls her into a comforting hug.

"I'm sure we'll find him. Don't worry." He says, rubbing soothing circles on her back.

Where are you, fox?

__

After waiting for what felt like hours for her to return, the fox decided to walk around outside the house and return later. He stared at the open window of the kitchen for a while before jumping out, landing safely on his paws.

Jimin walked through the field that separates the house and the forest, the familiar scent of flowers and forest rushed through his sensitive nose-trills. As he reached the opening of the forest, he had a sudden urge to walk back to the den which he used to sleep in, and so he did.

He became very cautious when he smelt an awfully familiar scent. His ears perked up, tail pointed, and his whole body tensed up.

He hopes that it wasn't her. He silently prayed with all his might, but it seems like luck wasn't on his side.

There's a vixen sitting, staring at his empty den.