25

What did you do?! He glares at her, his body shakes from the anger building up in him.

I just gave them what they deserved. Why are you making a fuss out of this? His mother states, the self-confidence laced in her voice blasted through the roof. He feels the urge to pounce on her this instant but holds himself back as he eyes the surrounding wolves.

I've warned you. This is what you get for disobeying me. They are simply taking the punishment. For you. The vixen moves closer to him, her bright orange fur stands out more under the light.

What else do you want from me, mother?! What exactly do you want?! Jimin snaps. He's tired, and the frustration is making it worse for him.

You. I told you, I want you to take over my territory.

I told you-

I don't care what you feel about this. I don't want anyone else other than you.

W-

Either you show up tomorrow, or I'll do much worse than this. You don't want them to die, do you? Jimin's eyes shifts to Jungkook, who is now looking at him. His dark brown orbs are moist and shaking. Fear.

The vixen doesn't allow him to speak and only signals the wolves before walking off with them, leaving the room. Jungkook lets out a shaky breath that he himself doesn't know he was holding in. He tries to climb up but drops down onto the floor again as his legs are too weak to support him.

Jimin anxiously inches to his side, looking at him helplessly with guilt evident in his eyes.

"I- I need to see the others-" The boy grunts. The side of his waist is bleeding quite a lot. He definitely won't be able to wear that shirt again, and his torso is full of claw marks, each slightly bleeding. It feels like he's going to pass out anytime soon, but he is determined to sure that everyone else is safe.

He attempts on standing back up, but his legs gave away again. He curses and grabs his hair in frustration, and then, tears unintentionally slip out of his eyes.

"T-Taehee and the h-hyungs are okay, r-right? Please tell me they're okay-y" He stutters, not looking up at the fox. Jimin only presses his head against the boy's arm, hoping that he can console him at least a little.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung comes rushing into the room soon after and sighs in relief. "Thank God you're alive!"

"H-how are the others?! Are they okay?!" He grabs onto the older's arm when he enters, the latter nods in response.

"I cleaned their wounds. I need to get you cleaned up too. And also, you need to change your shirt. I can see your nipple."

__

Everyone is in the living room. All conscious except for Taehee, who slept because she's over exhausted. The three males eye the fox in Taehee's arms suspiciously,

"Something weird is going on here." Taehyung mumbles.

"Yeah. I was with them, and I think they were communicating? Jimin doesn't look very happy though. I wonder what was going on. There was also another fox there just now. Could that be his mate?" Jungkook turns his head to look at Yoongi.

"Could be. Maybe she's here because he's living with humans, and they want him back." The man guesses and glances at the two younger boys.

"Either way, we need to be careful. Remember to lock the doors and windows at all times. And also, I just called hyung, he said he'll be coming over tomorrow."

"Jin hyung will be coming over?!" Taehyung moves closer to Yoongi, who later pushes the brunette's face away.

"Yeah. We're all hurt and we ran out of bandages and ointments. Plus, Taehee's not feeling very well now. We need someone to cook."

"But I can always cook for you, hyung!"

"No, thank you. I'm not letting you burn the kitchen down again. Do you know how much renovations cost?" He glares at Taehyung, making him pout and look down on his lap. Taehee's arms around Jimin's body slightly tighten. Her brows are furrowed, and she's mumbling little 'no's in her sleep. This makes guilt build up in Jimin's heart again. Seeing her like this, it's hurting him inside.

If only I've been obedient, this wouldn't have happened. If only I'm more cautious.

No. If only, I didn't show up at her door that day. If only I didn't take interest in her. This wouldn't have happened. Now she might be scarred for life. And it'll be my fault. It's all my fault.

His eyes start stinging a little, and warm tears roll down his furry cheeks. He was slightly confused at first, but then, he understands.

Tears don't always resemble fear. It resembles pain too. Pain that hurts too much to keep in silently.

He looks up at her again, who is now starting to sweat with her eyebrows still furrowed. The pain in his chest grows stronger. Many thoughts clouded his mind. So many, that it's starting to make him feel a little dizzy. It was a very hard decision to make, but for the sake of Taehee's safety,

I have to leave.